For Immediate Release
April 4, 2013

DJ Myers Motorsports kicks off season with top 5; Winchester on tap for this weekend…

The weather finally cooperated and DJ Myers Motorsports made its 2013 debut this past weekend, competing in both of the opening weekend races for the Three State Flyer Series. First up was a stop at Virginia’s Winchester Speedway where DJ is the track’s 2011 Late Model Champion. The team unloaded the immaculately prepared PPM Chassis to do battle with the 38 other teams in attendance. After Time Trialing in the top ten, DJ won his competitive heat race in convincing fashion aboard his self owned Honey Fly Farms/PPM Racing Products/Hershey’s Racing Engines #70J locking himself into the 35 lap, $3,000 to win feature. Rolling off third in the 24 car field, DJ went right to work racing hard on the tricky 3/8 mile surface keeping pace with the leaders, eventually bringing home a great 5th place finish.

On Saturday the team traveled to Hagerstown Speedway to take on 43 other competitors on the big half mile in Hagerstown, Maryland. Unfortunately, getting into the third turn wall during the heat race, while trying to avoid a disable car that had stopped in the middle of the racing grove set the stage for a disappointing night. After not transferring though his loaded B-Main DJ and the team loaded up and watched the 35 lap feature from the infield.

“We were pretty good on Friday and not so much on Saturday” said Myers from his race shop Monday night. “Friday at Winchester my tires sealed up under the long yellow and I just could not get going again once we went back to green. I started searching for a better groove but couldn’t get the feel I had earlier in the race. That says a lot for the hard work my guys put in on this car. We were on older tires to start and I could still stay with the leaders and finish with a top five. My crew worked real hard all winter and I was happy to get a good finish right off the bat. I am looking forward to getting back there this weekend. We really struggled Saturday and almost knocking the spoiler off the car in the heat race trying to miss that car didn’t help” added DJ with a laugh. “Next time we go back to Hagerstown we will get it figured out and be much better”.

DJ Myers Motorsports would like to thank all of the fans for coming out in the cold this past weekend and supporting him. Plans are at this time to head south down the interstate this Saturday to compete in the $2,000 to win 30 lap feature at Winchester Speedway.

For all you racers and race car enthusiasts don’t forget to give PPM Race Products a call for all you parts needs. The family owned business based in Rockwood, Tennessee was built on producing high quality parts at a reasonable price while specializing in customer service. Whether it is a complete car or just one little part, let PPM Race Products be your one stop shop. Give them a call at (877)560-0619 or find them on the web at www.ppmracingproducts.com

Look for a new DJ Myers Motorsports Facebook page coming soon where you can keep up to date on all the news and results with 70J team.

DJ Myers Motorsports would like to thanks all of their 2013 Marketing Partners:
PPM Racing Products, Honey Fly Farms, Hershey’s Racing Engines, Myers Construction, K.R.S. Graphics, Walls Wallpapering & Painting, NAPA of Greencastle along with product sponsorship from ATI Super Damper. Baker Carburetion, Beyea Custom Headers, C-Line Products, Callies Performance Products, Cometic Gaskets, CP Pistons, CV Products, Dyers Top Rods, Falcon Racing Transmissions, Fast Shafts, HTMA, ISKY Cams, Ohlins, PBM Products, SignDesign/Bill Funk, Total Seal Piston Rings, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Winters Performance and Wix Filters.

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media