Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Anything from Boyds

???????????????????????????????

Ray Cook won in steel head Latemodel, William Thomas second.... Jeff Smith won in Crate,, Ray Cook second then RJ..

Ray was called wrong in steel head. Tech man said mufflers were wrong 30 mins after he called them right in post race tech. Some wishy washy stuff from what I heard.

Thomas cried till they changed their mind and called them wrong, put your big boy pants on William, you got out ran!

the mufflers were protested by williams car owner, they appeared to be legal mufflers but when they were protested and a header was took off, the mufflers were cheated up, this is one time when his name didnt get him by, congrats to boyds for doing the right thing.

Mufflers were not cheated up at all. They came straight from the manufacturer that way. Car owner even offered to have a new set shipped to the tech man so he could see but tech man refused. Get your facts straight.

They cheat them up at the factory, you can buy them that way.

These were not cheated. Anyone there could have looked and seen they were not cheated. Came straight from the factory untouched.

I heard from a very reliable source he had titanium muffler bearings and that's why he was called illegal.

oh yea congrats to william on the win.

It would be hard to know which one someone ordered,or maby the factory sent the wrong ones,i bet that 's what happened.

Like I said, the car owner said he would have the exact same muffler shipped to the tech man to compare the muffler on the 27 from last night to prove it was untouched, tech man refused the offer.

Maybe he getting treated just like he did bloomer

Bottom line is they were cheated up! Anyway it was a great race between William and cook! Both guys are class acts! I personally don't think cook would ever cheat but he was driving someone else's car. The mufflers were wrong and kudos to Boyd's for making the rt call. Cook and William def put on a show for all 40 laps!

Quote Originally Posted by ga racer View Post
    the mufflers were protested by williams car owner, they appeared to be legal mufflers but when they were protested and a header was took off, the mufflers were cheated up, this is one time when his name didnt get him by, congrats to boyds for doing the right thing.
    At least he has a name.Ray cook didn't win because of a muffler , he won because he is a better driver.

Quote Originally Posted by cook53fan View Post
    Like I said, the car owner said he would have the exact same muffler shipped to the tech man to compare the muffler on the 27 from last night to prove it was untouched, tech man refused the offer.
    I guess the tech guy figured that two decisions was enough.Go 53

The tech man can order any type he wants, or a car owner can order either kind,so that don't prove anything they used to use a loud meter?

Does this mean Ray Cook is cancelling his Spring Nationals race in May to even the score?

The decibel meter wasn't used to test how loud the 27 was. They had no proof that it could be louder than 100db. That question was asked and the tech man said he could tell how loud it was but there was no proof. And for everyone saying they were cheated up is wrong. I saw them myself and I can tell you they weren't! They werent the hush power or schoenfelds so the tech guy said it was wrong.

Who in the heck is 27 anyway?