Default LR Bite Question

What is a good starting point for LR bite on a chevelle stubbed 4 bar car running a lift arm? The chassis builder is not much help since the vast majority of their cars run IMCA and have to use the pullbar. Also with the lift arm is it going to be necessary to soften the rf spring? (currently a 600)

Thanks.
    Last edited by dirtbandit; 03-21-2013 at 10:42 AM.

only need 30 to 60 left rearand less if it is dry

Going to need to start at 120# lr on liftarm. Go up to 700 rf spring to start,big rebound rf shock.

50 Pounds always seem to work as a good starting point for most. I have been -30 to +230 so a wide range based on driving styles and also RF spring choice. Typically as you go softer with the RF spring you need to continue to increase bite in my experience. Don't let numbers scare you on bite.

I have heard that it depends on where the back of the lift arm is mounted. If it's mounted to the rearend than you'll probably have to increase bite. If it's located on the chassis you might have to decrease bite. Not sure if it's true, just what I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnywhoop52 View Post
    I have heard that it depends on where the back of the lift arm is mounted. If it's mounted to the rearend than you'll probably have to increase bite. If it's located on the chassis you might have to decrease bite. Not sure if it's true, just what I heard.
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but, why would the rear of the lift arm ever be mounted to the chassis??

Quote Originally Posted by dirttrackrocker View Post
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but, why would the rear of the lift arm ever be mounted to the chassis??
    yeah i'm thinking he meant where its mounted on the rear end left to right. But that is for sure not what he said.

I probably misunderstood the guy trying to give me notes at a practice session. All I know is he said he had to increase bite by a lot because of the lift arm wanting to push the car, sorry for the confusion