Question Dirt late model on asphalt

Has anyone ever run a Dirt Late Model on asphalt? The reason I am asking is that the 4 bar suspension does great as far as getting around on dirt, just wondering how it would do in a 2650lb. northeast type modified on asphalt. Not many changes in asphalt mods over the years.
    I believe anybody who tells you he is unbiased is a liar.
    Being human gives you bias, and you can't avoid that.
    The best you can ever hope to be is fair.

Default pavement

SAS used to.

Youtube Dirt Super Late models at Southern National Speedway was a number of years ago but was a blast

Quote Originally Posted by 7uptruckracer View Post
    Youtube Dirt Super Late models at Southern National Speedway was a number of years ago but was a blast

http://www.randyellenphotography.com...4826&k=4GHdW3m

xray, Would you know any of their names? I wouldn't mind speaking to them about the set up
    I believe anybody who tells you he is unbiased is a liar.
    Being human gives you bias, and you can't avoid that.
    The best you can ever hope to be is fair.

IMCA used to have a Deery Brothers race at Hawkeye Downs Speedway. Schrader always came out for that race. Not sure what guys did for changes other than obvious spring and bar changes.

Wink Back in the day

I can remember back in the day 1980's LOL
    2 dirt latemodels came to Lake Geneva WI. for the fall classic.
    I was running S stock back then

Wow they kicked everyone's @$@%$@^%

both 4 bar cars finished 1 and 2 after lapping the entire field

fliped the p hard bar around

will never forget.

We ran a series race with the UDLMCS in 07 or 08 on asphalt. 50 laps flag to flag in just over 13 minutes. Setup wise we had a lot changed and ended up going back to an almost normal dirt setup other than a stiffer 5th coil spring and shock rate.

We ran our 4 bar car on a 1/3 paved track at Madera 2 years ago on D-55 Hoosiers...Got all the set up numbers, etc..

We used to run at the Deery races in Cedar Rapids a few years.

Level out the 4 bars (you don't need all the roll steer or bite on asphalt), make the lift arm solid (no springs or shocks), get 50/50 weight percentages front to rear, max out the left side weight at whatever the rules allow. We softened up springs and stiffened up shocks. Add gear to the point you run out of steam before getting to the corner. You want to "maintain" speed the last portion of the straights, not gain speed. Corner entry speed being too fast will kill you.

We had to run the dirt tires so we got out the oldest, hardest tires we could find. We also went to 40# right and 30# left pressures. Lowered the car as low as the rules allowed. Took a lot of caster split out, moved our upper a-frames to maintain camber gain with the lower ride heights.

The last year we went we were in a hot lap set with Schrader driving one of Johnny Johnson's cars. We could lap time with them all the way thru the session. We intentionally followed him to learn a line. I think Kenny's tires would have lasted longer than our would have due to driving style. The dirt late models running dirt late model rules (with exception of ride heights) were the fastest laps the CR track saw all year. You have to remember that even though the pavement cars are maxed out chassis wise, the dirt cars are lighter and carry more HP.

SPark

Very close to what we ended up with...I wish we would have thrown more gear into it, as you suggest. We had about 51/49 front to back %...We did leave a little upper left bar for LR drive, but chained it way down to kill the rear steer. Added a ton of LS weight, we ended up at about 58% LS weight. It handled well...