Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    Lower wages and the lowering of the standard of living will cause a escalation of prices for almost all goods....
    Horse crap..........watch when people start not driving there cars nearly as much, what happens? The price come down.... Pull your head out and look around a little.

Unskilled or not, a job should mean you are not on food stamps or Medicare. It used to be, back in the 50's and 60's, a single person working full time could support a family. Then in the 70's, households had to have dual incomes to be middle class. These days, even 2 incomes is often not enough to pull you up into a comfortable standard of living.

Well you can thank your idiot Democrat party for killing that dream....regulation upon regulation, union upon union, over price labor and drive business out of America, government that over taxes a business from top to bottom, all and I mean all Democrat doing, and you continue to vote for them....pretty much marks your intelligence on the subject doesn't it.

who came up with income tax and prohibition

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post

Well you can thank your idiot Democrat party for killing that dream....regulation upon regulation, union upon union, over price labor and drive business out of America, government that over taxes a business from top to bottom, all and I mean all Democrat doing, and you continue to vote for them....pretty much marks your intelligence on the subject doesn't it.
    Ok. So why does America now boast more billionaires, millionaires and generally more wealth than other nations combined if "the unions and regulations" killed any chance of anyone making a dime? By the way, are you even aware of the number of union workers in the nation as a percentage of the overall?

Duane, the "Unions" you are railing on about existed 40 years ago, not today. Perhaps you could try to maybe keep up with the times, instead of being trapped in the mental mind warp you seem to be in? You sound like every crotchety old fart sitting around Hardees with my 80 year old father solving the problems of the world by blaming it all on whomever they thought was the problem 40 years ago.

Times have changed. It would help you a lot if you could perhaps try to change with them. You can't keep blaming the nation's ills on the same culprits when those culprits no longer exist.

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    tnie where you behind the sy louis fast food fiasco that's right folks 100 disgruntled fast food workers want a union and also get paid 15 bucks an hour to work at burger king ,mcdonalds etc etc
    Do you ever read the unintelligible crap you post? Where is sy louis?
    43 races this year.
    Tulsa Expo- 5, Volusia- 3, Bubba Raceway- 3
    Dillon Speedway- 1, Myrtle Beach Speedway-1, Hickory Speedway- 1
    Southern National- 1, Lincoln Speedway-2, Williams Grove Speedway-2, Indiana State Fairgrounds-1
    Anderson (Indiana) Speedway-1, Indianapolis Motor Speedway- 1
    Bloomington Speedway-1, Lawrenceburg Speedway-1
    Kokomo Speedway- 1, Port Royal-1, Limaland- 1
    Eldora- 2, Knoxville- 6, Oskaloosa-2, Attica-2, Wayne County-1

Quote Originally Posted by t.nie View Post
    Ok. So why does America now boast more billionaires, millionaires and generally more wealth than other nations combined if "the unions and regulations" killed any chance of anyone making a dime? By the way, are you even aware of the number of union workers in the nation as a percentage of the overall?

Duane, the "Unions" you are railing on about existed 40 years ago, not today. Perhaps you could try to maybe keep up with the times, instead of being trapped in the mental mind warp you seem to be in? You sound like every crotchety old fart sitting around Hardees with my 80 year old father solving the problems of the world by blaming it all on whomever they thought was the problem 40 years ago.

Times have changed. It would help you a lot if you could perhaps try to change with them. You can't keep blaming the nation's ills on the same culprits when those culprits no longer exist.
    Man, you are slow aren't ya.... The people that got hurt by the taxation, unions and regulations were the middle class, the ones your worried about. The millionaires and Billionaires still own the companies, the companies are just in other countries cause your Democrat buddies ran the businesses off the Continent, including their jobs!!!!!

there fixed it but really I want a job that pays 15 bucks an hour to work fast food lmao http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/05/09/natio...hits-st-louis/
    Last edited by LITE-INN; 05-11-2013 at 09:27 AM.

Hope they enjoy their 10 dollar Big Mac and TIne will see more jobs go away because of union actions.. They just don't get it...

...and never will.

Hope they enjoy their 10 dollar Big Mac and TIne will see more jobs go away because of union actions.. They just don't get it...
    It's you that doesn't understand. What the Hamburger costs is irrelevant. Will a paycheck allow you to take care of the minimal needs is the problem. Look at the costs of housing, Insurance, transportation, food and especially the hidden tax of inflation. Back in 1960, the minimum wage allowed this. Since then inflation, driven by over spending by our government has taken it's share of the pie. All the others, ins., gas, car prices, home prices, have all taken their piece of the pie. There is no pie left for the minimum wage worker. The system is making the middle class workers hold 2 jobs to get any pie.

If the minimum wage had escalated in direct proportion with inflation, it would be that $15.00 fast food job that Lite wants. Lite should have worked it then, cause it's not there now. All of the wages even on up the scale have stagnated and that means they translate into less and less buying power.

How did it evolve to this? It's the golden rule. He who has the gold, makes the rules. Then they convince the middle class it's good for them, all the while, they are skimming their standard of living and blaming it on the poor and unions. The Unions made up around 60% of the work force in 1960. people had buying power and business was more profitable over all than any other period of time. Now Unions make up less than 10% and any dummy can see where our overall economy is. Was the Unions bad for the middle class? I think not. They was the middle classes only bargaining power, whether you belonged to one or not. I get a kick out of people that criticize unions for making too much money in on breath and yell class envy in the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    It's you that doesn't understand. What the Hamburger costs is irrelevant. Will a paycheck allow you to take care of the minimal needs is the problem. Look at the costs of housing, Insurance, transportation, food and especially the hidden tax of inflation. Back in 1960, the minimum wage allowed this. Since then inflation, driven by over spending by our government has taken it's share of the pie. All the others, ins., gas, car prices, home prices, have all taken their piece of the pie. There is no pie left for the minimum wage worker. The system is making the middle class workers hold 2 jobs to get any pie.

If the minimum wage had escalated in direct proportion with inflation, it would be that $15.00 fast food job that Lite wants. Lite should have worked it then, cause it's not there now. All of the wages even on up the scale have stagnated and that means they translate into less and less buying power.

How did it evolve to this? It's the golden rule. He who has the gold, makes the rules. Then they convince the middle class it's good for them, all the while, they are skimming their standard of living and blaming it on the poor and unions. The Unions made up around 60% of the work force in 1960. people had buying power and business was more profitable over all than any other period of time. Now Unions make up less than 10% and any dummy can see where our overall economy is. Was the Unions bad for the middle class? I think not. They was the middle classes only bargaining power, whether you belonged to one or not. I get a kick out of people that criticize unions for making too much money in on breath and yell class envy in the next.
    excuse me I don't want it I know better some people in st louis and detriot are striking without a union wtf? and asking 15 bucks an hour man y teck jobs don't pay that well sure a raise would would nice for these people but that much of an increase is insane and you know it

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    excuse me I don't want it I know better some people in st louis and detriot are striking without a union wtf? and asking 15 bucks an hour man y teck jobs don't pay that well sure a raise would would nice for these people but that much of an increase is insane and you know it
    What's insane is not only these but the tech jobs fell so far behind the cost of living. You are blaming them for seeing what has happened and want it changed. Your options are open. You can strike for more money too.

how can you strike without a union and jobsd are scarce I 've tried at the low paying tech jobs and can't get in and flipping hamburgers is not a tech job then again maybe its is for you

Hey, I'm not above flipping hamburgers. Hamburger flipping , body shop and driving a tow truck kept me from starving back in 1962 - 64 when I was going to school. It paid for books, tuition, a place to live and my transportation a 57 chevy. I doubt it would do that today. It's honest work and it's not the easiest job I ever had.

All your points are fine and dandy, but it isn't McDonalds problem is it.... If they want better jobs and make more money maybe they aught to get an education or go to a vocational school and work up from there. Your never going to make a living working at McDonalds, those are entry level jobs you dufus...

Hey, I'm not above flipping hamburgers. Hamburger flipping , body shop and driving a tow truck kept me from starving back in 1962 - 64 when I was going to school. It paid for books, tuition, a place to live and my transportation a 57 chevy. I doubt it would do that today. It's honest work and it's not the easiest job I ever had.
    And that is exactly what hamburger flippin' jobs are for, not raising a family....I thought you were smarter then that. And don't give me any grief about getting an education and working your way up, I did it, obviously you did it, they can do it... By the way, if these losers want jobs, North Dakota is cryin' for people, and they were payin 15 bucks an hour for Mc Donalds jobs two or three yrs ago.. But what you libs don't understand, when fast food wages go up, so does everything else, an equal amount, so they won't be one iota better off, not one.

And that is exactly what hamburger flippin' jobs are for, not raising a family....I thought you were smarter then that. And don't give me any grief about getting an education and working your way up, I did it, obviously you did it, they can do it... By the way, if these losers want jobs, North Dakota is cryin' for people, and they were payin 15 bucks an hour for Mc Donalds jobs two or three yrs ago.. But what you libs don't understand, when fast food wages go up, so does everything else, an equal amount, so they won't be one iota better off, not one.
    Your right, they probably won't be much better off, but we as a middle class will be. It increases the flow of money and that means we have more opportunity to make some of it. If you own your own business or work for someone, when you or your boss has a consumer, it is a good deal. If you got the good deal, your likely to be a consumer for someone elses good deal. That is what makes a good economy. If you squeeze the bottom end of the wage ladder, It limits the good deals and in turn, squeezes your wage or profit.

Economy is a funny thing. It's not about how much money there is, it's about the movement of money. We have more money in the system today than the day before the market crash in 08. Trouble is it's not moving. It's moving among the paper traders, but not down in the streets where most of us middle class are. You can't even put it in the bank and get enough interest to keep even with inflation. You may not see it, but your pay is being cut the same as the hamburger flipper's.

Saying the hamburger flipper don't deserve a raise is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. It is you, that you are denying a raise to. Everyone makes their own bargain on how much you sell your labor for. Unless your the buyer or seller, it is best to stay out of the negotiation. I learned this early in life. I went to work for a guy selling product. I got a new territory that he didn't sell to at the time with the same incentive wage program he had with his current salesman. That's a tough way to get started, with out accounts for a base. With in 4 months I was making 4 times what the other salesman was making. He saw my pay check and told the boss I wasn't worth that kind of money. The boss, not being the brightest bulb in the lamp, says yes, he is making as much as I usually do and sat me down to adjust my incentive rate. Needless to say, the next month the boss was missing me, all the accounts I made and he was pissed at the other guy and fired him too, cause he was lazy. That boss contacted me and said," I made a serious mistake. I didn't realize how much you where worth to the company. Would you consider coming back for a better pay plan as sales manager and get incentive for all of the sales in turn for hiring and training them." That boss retired in 8 years and sold out to a competitor that I couldn't get along with. Needless to say that competitor paid twice for the market share, he thought he was buying. Even though I had a non compete clause with my boss, I had no such thing with the buyer and the contract was non transferable. Like I said, you negotiate your own terms for your labor and it's unwise to meddle in some other person's. As for me, I like more. More for the hamburger flipper, more for the guys that work for me and more for me. More makes the world go round. Less chokes it to death.

You're wrong in your assumption that the cost of labor drives the price up on a good or service. What sets the price is what the market will bear, not what it cost to produce or deliver it. Sure, you can theorize that a wage increase at McDonald would make the cost of the Big Mac go up, but in reality, the only factor in the price of a Big Mac is what people will pay for it, not what it cost to produce it. Sure, if people won't pay what it costs to produce it and a profit for McD's, then McD's stops selling burgers. That is a given. But the wages of the employee is just one part of the cost to deliver that Big Mac. And there is plenty of markup on a Big Mac, so there is plenty of room to pay more and profit less from each Big Mac. The big thing in the equation is how much does the owner want to make from selling Big Macs? THAT is the bottom line on pricing. The profit MARGIN, determined by what the market will bear, not the cost to produce it.

You just perpetuated another myth about the negative impacts of increasing wages, that no one would be able to afford the good if wages went up. BS. All a wage increase does is decrease the money the owners can make from it. If they push the price up too much, they lose money because people stop buying, and if they increase the wages they pay, they just make a little less for themselves on each Big Mac. They may experiment with raising the price of the Big Mac to try and keep the margin in it for themselves, but I GUARANTEE McDonalds would not stop selling Big Macs if they made 25 cents a burger less on Big Macs due a a wage increase for the employee. Guarantee it.

The margins are so high in fast food, they could double the workers wages, keep the price the same, take the hit in the profit margin and still make a good deal of money from it. A LOT of money.

Bascially Duane, what you just said amounts to nothing more than another example what on the surface sounds logical, but when you put it under the microscope and test it out, the truth is somewhat different that what you might think. Just take it that the price of that Big Mac isn't based on what the burger flipper gets to flip it and hand it to you. It's much more driven by what the market will bear. However, I can bet you a million bucks the owners of McDs really really want you to believe paying their employees more would drive the cost of food up to where you couldn't get it. That's called a fear of loss appeal. Try to convince the public that it's in their best interest their employees get paid next to nothing, and if that changed, then a Big Mac would be $10, because no one wants a $10 Big Mac. But the $10 Big Mac is just a mythical creation to convince you the workers should be getting nothing.
    Last edited by t.nie; 05-13-2013 at 09:35 AM.

why would they pAy that amount when most over corps are not if someone flippiing hamburgers makes 15 bucks what does a secretary lab worker factory worker make they are entry level job sson entrly level jobs or secondary jobs nothing more nothing less