Jimmy Owens stripped of NDRL win..... - Page 4

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

people have been getting busted for doping tires pretty regular for the last few yrs but something i find funny about this whole tire doping deal is this yr almost all the team zero cars have been busted for doping, and alot of them already have it numerous times this yr. now im not sure how many people know this but there was a certain guy on this board that went to work for mr. bloomquist and team zero at the beginning of this yr during speedweeks, on this board he goes by crown cuts his name is nick gieseking. does anybody else thing that this is just a coincidence or that theres something to the king of undetectable tire doping going to work for a driver an car builder that has the most drivers getting busted right now.

[QUOTE=Jet Jockey;1678206]The responses in this thread are really starting to piss me off. All you folks sound like you are part of the entitlement society that we find ourselves in. Why don't we just give everyone a ribbon and go home. The problem isn't with the sanctioning bodies, it is with the teams juicing their tires. Granted, the sanctioning bodies have not done a good job in the past enforcing their rules and being consistent in their punishments, but that shouldn't make it their fault for the recent sanctions. If the tires were not juiced, we would not be having this discussion. The answer is simple: TEAMS NEED TO QUIT JUICING TIRES. When this happens, the problem will go away. Take away the symptom and the illness goes away.[/QUOTEThe problem is absolutely the sanctioning bodies........because the rules are unenforceable and nobody trusts the results.........NOBODY.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtRaisinButt View Post
    You could be watching cheater tars cheaters at your local track too. What about your local track officials not getting it right????
    The teams race like hell, the fans love it and nobody cares.........your point is????

Here is my idea: At the sign in gate each night, each driver brings 2 new tires and throws them in a big pile. At the drivers meeting, everybody draws a pill. Based on pill draw order, each driver pick one tire for themselves and one for a competitor of their choice. At the end, each driver will have 2 new tires to be used on either the LR, RR, or RF for the entire night. That will leave them to choose from their trailer their own left front and either the LR, RR, or RF (which they can dope and do anything they want to).

Somebody much smarter than me on 4 m said it best.......the tire rule should be they must be round and they must be black......period.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Here is my idea: At the sign in gate each night, each driver brings 2 new tires and throws them in a big pile. At the drivers meeting, everybody draws a pill. Based on pill draw order, each driver pick one tire for themselves and one for a competitor of their choice. At the end, each driver will have 2 new tires to be used on either the LR, RR, or RF for the entire night. That will leave them to choose from their trailer their own left front and either the LR, RR, or RF (which they can dope and do anything they want to).
    Radical , but I like the creative thinking on it...............not a bad idea.

how about this one what ever tire you start the night you finish the night with and must meet the durometer setting at the end of the night
    if you don't like the rules find something else to do quit crying have some class http://www.realville-usa.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Every single touring driver that makes up 90% of every series event can absolutely afford to do it.......
    You can't honestly believe what you type.

The local and regional guys who run the show on used tires cannot compete under that format.LET THEM DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES AND YOU WILL SEE SOME OF THE BEST RACING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN JMO

Quote Originally Posted by barbecueboy View Post
    somebody much smarter than me on 4 m said it best.......the tire rule should be they must be round and they must be black......period.
    if you can mount it , you can run it.............nuff said !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    You can't honestly believe what you type.
    If they can roll into an event now with 30/40 mounted tires already in the hauler then they can certainly afford to come empty and buy 10/15 tires at the event.........what's not to believe about that?........please Terry, enlighten us!!.

Red face

You can easily see which guys have races on a budget and people that have never raced or only been with teams with unlimited budgets.

Here are the facts:
    1. Tires take time to prep, legally, sipe groove grind mount, and each driver likes them different.
    2. Only some teams have true crews, I might have 1-2 helpers, I know of at least one guy that has ran top 10 in crown jewel races that is lucky to have 1-2 also.
    3. The majority of mid pack cars are on used tires, Rr may be new but often LR and Rf get multiple races. Especially at regular MLRA, MARS, under 10k type races.
    4. Most races would have at best 10 cars that could pull off getting tires together and affording this.
    5. The bring two tires deal, again not everybody buys 2 tires for every show, but two things to remember we have at least three important tires, aged tires even new are not as good as fresh off the line ones. I will be bringing 3 year old ones I bought off the tire guy for $50 each.
    6. 80% of te fans do not care! They either don't know or say if your not pushing the rules. The average fan does not follow each series and rash driver all the time, just when they come to the local track. They have no clue the driver cheated two weeks before. And most at I-55 still will think jimmy won. Only a small % get on 4m all the time and follow to the level as fans on here.

I prefer the tire punch idea, I don't treat mine, not worth the health risk for me, but I like simple rules.

If they can roll into an event now with 30/40 mounted tires already in the hauler then they can certainly afford to come empty and buy 10/15 tires at the event.........what's not to believe about that?........please Terry, enlighten us!!.
    Most teams don't have 30-40 tires only some. And te ones that do buy them then 20 sit in the trailer all year and get pulled out for certain event or condition. They don't buy 30 per race.

Let them run what ever tire they won't and do what they won't and you will see some side by side racing that will do away with the train race cause that's all it is now JMO

Quote Originally Posted by 4bangerhotrod View Post
    people have been getting busted for doping tires pretty regular for the last few yrs but something i find funny about this whole tire doping deal is this yr almost all the team zero cars have been busted for doping, and alot of them already have it numerous times this yr. now im not sure how many people know this but there was a certain guy on this board that went to work for mr. bloomquist and team zero at the beginning of this yr during speedweeks, on this board he goes by crown cuts his name is nick gieseking. does anybody else thing that this is just a coincidence or that theres something to the king of undetectable tire doping going to work for a driver an car builder that has the most drivers getting busted right now.
    clown cuts was on this board before trying to pretend he's everybody's new best friend, but he is really nothing but a salesman who will say anything for a dollar. anybody's further problems mean nothing to him. he has there money. the fact that he is now working for bloomquist is a joke. him cheating has always been suspected and this , i believe, would prove it. apparently, he has also bought owens into the game and if true, i would also consider him nothing more than white trash. once a cheater,, always a cheater.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Jockey View Post
    The responses in this thread are really starting to piss me off. All you folks sound like you are part of the entitlement society that we find ourselves in. Why don't we just give everyone a ribbon and go home. The problem isn't with the sanctioning bodies, it is with the teams juicing their tires. Granted, the sanctioning bodies have not done a good job in the past enforcing their rules and being consistent in their punishments, but that shouldn't make it their fault for the recent sanctions. If the tires were not juiced, we would not be having this discussion. The answer is simple: TEAMS NEED TO QUIT JUICING TIRES. When this happens, the problem will go away. Take away the symptom and the illness goes away.
    So is it your belief that every single driver who has ever had a failed test was intentionally juicing tires? Do you feel the current method of testing is fool proof?
    If you don't like dirt racing it's your own asphalt....

Jimmy and others getting caught isn't bad for racingAs I read over these posts I am amazed how people relate and think on here. Why would Jimmy Owens getting caught or prosecuted altering his tires change racing? He's no bigger than the sport or more important than any other driver. When Scott got caught it didn't kill fan counts. The ridiculous thing is these guys, Jimmy or Scott don't need to cheat, they are plenty capable racing and winning without this stuff, yet they do it for some idiotic reason. I know of many teams that win consistently without chemically altering their tires, so to say its necessary to compete is completely ludicrous. Some of you say this will kill cross series racing. Why should it do that? If you're not cheating why wouldn't you be able to race anywhere. Is there some sort of conspiracy to sabotage drivers coming in from other series? Probably not. If these series do protect their own drivers like you all say they do, that will all come out eventually folks. Someone always slips. And to think that they only go after local cars is ridiculous too, these are the teams that complete the field. If you cheat you take the risk of getting caught. And if you're caught and you really didn't do anything, there are ways to prove yourself innocent. People say "Let's use hard tires that we can only buy at the track", that's moronic too. Hard tires are the ones that are always altered and usually promote rubbered tracks. Most tracks today aren't maintained or groomed well enough throughout the night to promote good racing on hard tires. Some exceptions to that rule is Cedar Lake and maybe Wheatland. What will stop tire altering is people continuing to get caught and punished. A soft tire rule would work as well. At least that would promote on track racing tire management. Take a look at the few tracks NASCAR actually has good races, one example Darlington. That's a track where the tires always wear and the pace drops tremendously during a run. It's one of the only intermediate tracks that has lead changes actually on the track and not just in the pits. You don't get rubbered tracks from soft tires, because soft tires don't work in the rubber, they are only good in the wet or non abrasive conditions. There is no need to prep soft tires to make them softer or fire quicker. Plus softer tires are easier to maintain and prepare to race simply because you don't groove them. Now some of you will say it will get expensive to keep buying these soft tires to keep racing. Well racing is kind of expensive folks, it's not for everyone. I'm pretty sure when people finish running The World 100, they aren't going to reuse their LM40s anyway. I promote race whatever you want locally or regionally, but when the big dogs come to town or the big races are coming up soft tires will fix the chemists.

This is what I would like see happen. As a condition for sanctioning rights, all WRG tracks are required to purchase a hydrocarbon sniffer and strongly encouraged to use it. They are not that expensive. The tracks can use the sniffer at anytime and anyplace during the night and if they find a tire that even appears to test positive for too many hydrocarbons, the tire must be removed and confiscated and the driver must start at the tail end of the next race he is in (qualifying, heat, consi, A main). No questions asked and no relief from this. If the team wants the offending tire(s) back, then it will be incumbent on the team to prove it has not been altered. This would ensure for the fans that the results of the race won't change and everyone is on the same playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by gigi21 View Post
    Let them run what ever tire they won't and do what they won't and you will see some side by side racing that will do away with the train race cause that's all it is now JMO
    I am very familiar with what the teams roll into the track with......thanks.......I never said they buy 30 at each event

Every single driver ought to prep and use every single tire at every single race..........pretty soon after that there will be no current series left to talk about and somebody smarter than the rest of these simpletons now will start a series that has it figured out.................D U M B A S S E S!!!!!!! Yall are about stupid!...........Yep, I'm calling you all out at woo,Lucas, ndrl and everybody else with a stupid , virtually UN enforcable tire rule.
    Random thoughts: So many issues with what's going on. Someone needs to figure something out soon. I don't know what the answer is but this current deal is a mess. We all know this stuff is rampant and probably more do it than don't (at least the fast cars). I know from my friendships I've made, you get to drinking with certain teams and they admit to doing it or start talking about other top teams that are doing it as well (none I've talked to have ever been caught and are mostly local/regional). Nobody wants to but the feeling is that you have to do it to be a consistent front runner and they're right. There were definitely plenty that finished behind Owens/Fegers in those 2 races that were doing the same and didn't get tested. Yet they got bumped up in the results and got more money. Too many issues and flaws with the testing. Yes, we know both (along with every other one that's been caught is guilty) but still. Sorta reminds me of the steroid issue in prorfessional sports.