Default Header Recommendation Question for Brad Hibbard?

602 in dirt late model on half mile with tight corners and long straightaways. Which manufacturer is making the most power? Who has the best deal? Currently have an older set of Beyeas with no mufflers and measure 21" from collector merge to end.

might wanta send brad a pm,..he gets right busy this time of the year an might not have time to get on here an scroll the bord,..im sure he'll be more than happy to get you the info you need!
    white trash motorsports

thanks dw for advising the poster----it is hard to attend to the phone , computer and still try to pay the bills LOL

I think i had a phone conversation with the original poster but will summarize my thoughts here anyhow.

headers are like carburetors-----usually the focus is at one end of the power curve or the other

and the "basic" theory applies too both----big for top end and small for bottom end

big carburetors and headers move more air which produce more peak HP I like to refer to this as
    "end of the straight away"

small carburetors and headers produce a good booster signal at low RPM so in turn they make more torque---I like to refer to this as
    "off the corner"

the above is a huge generalization but it gives you some guidelines to understand how to achieve different objectives.

obviously we have all been working real hard at header and exhaust design to maximize one end without hurting the other too bad

one of the biggest mistakes--- is headers that just plain do not fit-----especially on a 604-----just because they bolt to the head does NOT mean that they fit

also the mis-use of silicone for a gasket
    if you are useing silicone for your gasket and you are putting a nice big bead on ---where it oozzes out ----keep in mind that it is oozzing in as well and can significatly cut your power
    a correct fitting gasket is best and if it keeps blowing out then fix the problem instead of closing off the exhaust port with silicone.

the combinations of headers is endless and we never stop trying to build a better mouse trap but don't lose site of the basics

Brad
    www.race-1.com