Default Comp Cams Followers for 2.3 Ford

Has anyone used the CompCams followers # 846-8? If so, do they hold up to the abuse of circle track racing?

Thanks

Yes we have used them.Never had any problems.

i called several places looking for 2pc padded followers today for a new head we are building...we found a couple places that had them,but we decided to gamble and go with new stock melling followers
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

We cant get the stock ones to live. Racer Walsh sells 1 piece followers for a good price. Supposed to be made of the same stuff as the pad on the 2 piece. Anybody tried them?

we tried 2 sets several years ago,i think we have about 5 good ones left out of 16...but we have ran them off and on since 2005
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

That sounds pretty good to me. The padded ones will last us 2 years till the pad levels out. Might have to try them.

Quote Originally Posted by drtlvr View Post
    We cant get the stock ones to live. Racer Walsh sells 1 piece followers for a good price. Supposed to be made of the same stuff as the pad on the 2 piece. Anybody tried them?
    I have the racer walsh one pc. ones, only ran 4 nites so far so good...

We tried a set of the Racer Walsh ones last week. After about 25 laps every one of them were eat up. And they took the cam out with them.

Be carefull that you aren't buying imported cam followers from ASIA. The hardness, both core and surface, seems to be very hit or miss! Obviously if a rocker isn't the right hardness it won't last and ends up eating up your cam too!

If any of you want the proven 2pc. padded rockers, we still have them in stock! I know word has gotten out that they've been discontinued, but we stocked up and can ship them the same day they're ordered...

Esslinger Engineering

I have heard that you have some of the old 2 piece, that's probably the way I will go but somebody needs to start making some.