Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This may be a dumb question, but have you tried a different radiator? Sometimes when you overheat, you can "pop" the cores, they change shape and collapse the area between the fins. This blocks air coming thru the radiator. I chased my tail for weeks looking for what was wrong. I should have tried a new radiator first.

Im betting the 15in 4blade doesnt have the pitch that the 19in 442 fan has. I had a 15in 4 blade and it has about half the pitch of the 442 19in fan. Post some pics/video of the setup you have. Then go to this website and get one of these http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-15-807...productDetails.

i ended up not really finding a problem with the motor but it is new to me this year has a practice and about 4 races on it and it just keeps getting hotter and hotter so i pulled it will send it to get looked at later. i put my regular motor in spaced up the engine about a half inch put my 19 inch allstar fan on took 15 inch fan and shroud off, drained out all the sonoco 260gt gas and went back to vp 110 purple. ive ran this motor with this fan and that fuel all in another car w no overheating problems so i should be fine. once i establish a baseline with this motor combo and all is good and cool im going to switch back to shroud and little fan and see what happens if its still cool then im going to switch back to the sonoco its cheaper and easier for me to get ahold of if its still cool then im sending motor to get freshened/looked at.

the 15inch fan appears to have a 45* pitch if i put angle finder in middle of the blade. i dont know what pitch the 19 fan is but ran it on other cars before and stayed cool. will get some pics up by sat night got alot to do still

Are you running the same carb on both motors? 260GT is oxygenated fuel and the jets would need to be larger than when you are running VP110 or the engine will be running lean and causing it to get hot and could melt the engine down.

what pitch is that AC delco fan?

You mentioned that nothing spewing out and engine running fine.......bad temp gauge maybe?