Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: danica patrick

Default danica patrick

First thought, its a restrictor plate track, and this stuff happens every time....

My thoughts this is her second restrictor plate race and none of the wrecks were her fault. Oh that's right it's only her second race on restrictor plate racing in Sprint cup. I would say she not doing to bad so far.

its dega and plate racing

Quote Originally Posted by balljoint View Post
    i think you hate woman
    victim

Maple Park, IL. Home of Sycamore Speedway!!

I thought she overreacted by coming up the rack into the car on the fence when she could have held it straight and very well made it through! This kid will learn from her mistakes, and do very well!!
    Scott Bloomchrist... The Lord, and Ruler of DIRT!!

"Hope everybody appreciated that ass kicking"
    -Scott Bloomquist

Phil

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by blackford View Post
    I thought she overreacted by coming up the rack into the car on the fence when she could have held it straight and very well made it through! This kid will learn from her mistakes, and do very well!!
    That was the point.

That she should have held it straight. Any driver worth salt knows that. How long does that take to learn?

Watching her throw a fit about damage she caused....I don't care if she man or woman...driver Is a driver.whiner is a whiner.

Sure we can sit here now and say that's what she should have done but, when your going 200 mph and you see a car coming at you like the 78 was who knows what you would have done. It's your natural instinct to want to drive away from a car coming at you.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Sure we can sit here now and say that's what she should have done but, when your going 200 mph and you see a car coming at you like the 78 was who knows what you would have done. It's your natural instinct to want to drive away from a car coming at you.
    No doubt about it!!! Its easy for us armchair guys.....LOL

Not all of us are armchair guys. Even At 200, all the more reason to hold a líne. Didnt see jr swerving.

Not all of us are armchair guys. Even At 200, all the more reason to hold a líne. Didnt see jr swerving.
    Oh what car was you driving in this race lol. Just kidding but, Do you know that her spotter was not telling her to go high. All I'm saying is there is a lot that is going on in a short time and if you don't know exactly what was going on between her and her spotter then we can all second guess what she should have done when it's all over. Heck she has been in both super speedway races and in my opinion she has done a pretty decent job and yes still learning. I mean really it's her first full year in the sprint cup series.

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    No doubt about it!!! Its easy for us armchair guys.....LOL
    Yeah it was you and I that finished 1st and 2nd wasn't it lol.

That was the point.

That she should have held it straight. Any driver worth salt knows that. How long does that take to learn?

Watching her throw a fit about damage she caused....I don't care if she man or woman...driver Is a driver.whiner is a whiner.
    I've seen seasoned veterans do much worse when there was a wreck in front of them, so, for some it never comes. Yeah you seen it too, she made a bad decision , but she is a "driver" and a dam good one like it or not, admit or not man or woman... Her wins will come, watch and see.

As for throwing a fit... she's as cool as ice compared to most!!!

-Scott Bloomquist

Phil

Yeah it was you and I that finished 1st and 2nd wasn't it lol.
    Only because you threw sand in my vent hose!!!

-Scott Bloomquist

Phil

oh ids that what you call that lil thing

I don't know that I would go so far as to call her a "dam good" driver. She's there, but I really don't think it's solely on talent. Tony Stewart is there on talent. Kyle Bush, as much as anyone might hate him, is incredibly talented. Jimmy Johnson is there on talent. Danica is there because she's Danica, first and foremost. I've yet to see anything that makes me sit up and go "wow, now that's pure talent right there...." If some guy had the same results she's had (and there are a bunch we could compare her results to that she would be "right DOWN there with") he certainly wouldn't be getting the same amount of attention and leniency when he screwed up that she gets.

I remember seeing her and Schrader get together because she went barreling in underneath him, touched him and spun herself out while the imbeciles in the booth driveled on about "Kenny just wasn't giving her any room there" like it was Schrader's fault she got it completely wrong.

This is the kind of stuff I see. It's like all the announcers, etc are on strict orders to promote the Danica Patrick brand whenever possible and never lay blame on her for any of her mistakes. If she hits someone, then it's automatically the person she hit is at fault for not giving her room.

She has a long way to go to convince me she is anything other than average for a Sprint Cup driver. She's no worse, but certainly not anything above a mediocre talent in Nascar, just like 10-15 other drivers there who will probably be replaced faster than she will just because she brings in the sponsor dollars.

Anyone honestly think shes one of the top 100 drivers in the country?
    How would she do in a SLM? Sprintcar?

I will admit there are others in NASCAR who wouldn't be if it was purely based off talent. we all know it isn't.

She will never win. Mark my words...Well, maybe the Daytona 500. So-So drivers have won that. She might get a Cope or Bayne victory. But that's it.

Guess what? She finished 33rd, crashed and failed to make the lead leap for the fifth straight race Sunday, thus compiling her 148th straight loss while improving to 0-82 (NASCAR) and 1-242 (overall).

0-20 in CUP with 1 top 10 and one pole (plate track so all car)
    6134 laps ran...5 laps led... finished on lead lap 3 times....

0-60 in NW with 1 top 5, 7 top ten and one plate pole
    9742 laps ran...64 led...finished on lead lap 23 times

1-115 in Indy Cars,7 podiums and 3 poles
    17,837 laps ran....124 led....lead lap finishes 68

This is purely based as a DRIVER. So to all screaming genderism..get off it.
    Last edited by balljoint; 05-07-2013 at 11:44 AM.

Oh what car was you driving in this race lol. Just kidding but, Do you know that her spotter was not telling her to go high. All I'm saying is there is a lot that is going on in a short time and if you don't know exactly what was going on between her and her spotter then we can all second guess what she should have done when it's all over. Heck she has been in both super speedway races and in my opinion she has done a pretty decent job and yes still learning. I mean really it's her first full year in the sprint cup series.
    even without the spotter. She knew that car was above her before the wreck. So as a driver one would have to assume its still there after.

Sure that fireball might make one pucker up a lil bit, but hold the line. Moving high is damage for sure.

Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 05-07-2013 at 01:52 PM.