Default cross weight Vs. left side weight

after many years, i'm back in the saddle... bought a car, to keep weight of the car down near minimum requirments.. i can get 54% cross in the car... the left weight is 51.
    running a high bank 3/8 ashpault track, are these good starting numbers.. rear weight is 46 and front is 54%... i was told that you never want the cross higher then the left side weight??
    how can i get my corss down and keep my left side weight..
    please comment.. advise...
    Mustang fox body,

Thumbs up Cross

Your cross weight is a function of your front pecentage.

http://www.circletrack.com/featuredv.../photo_10.html

Quote Originally Posted by Everfaster View Post
    after many years, i'm back in the saddle... bought a car, to keep weight of the car down near minimum requirments.. i can get 54% cross in the car... the left weight is 51.
    running a high bank 3/8 ashpault track, are these good starting numbers.. rear weight is 46 and front is 54%... i was told that you never want the cross higher then the left side weight??
    how can i get my corss down and keep my left side weight..
    please comment.. advise...
    Mustang fox body,
    If you can, move things around to get more left weight, 56% or so. Also, get the front to rear closer to equal (your front is way too high).

For pavement racing you really need at least 55% left. Or as much as the rules allow.

I would shoot for as close to 50 percent rear as u can get. Its hard to get tht much but tht would ideal. Get as much left percent as you can within ur rules usually around 55 percent. Id try to keep cross between 49 and 52 percent the more u have the tighter the car. That's the ideal figures we use.

Some people try and grt cross and left side to be the same. We start at 52 cross 46 rear and 56 left side. Dding cross is adding wedge which tighten the car up you do that be raising the car on the RF or LF or lowering the car on LF or RR. Run around 5.5 framw height and make sure when checking frame height you have tire pressure set and throw her on the scales. Make sure your way bar is neutral on the scales. You can add about a percent adding sway bar into it. We run a high bank 3/8 also.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb35 View Post
    I would shoot for as close to 50 percent rear as u can get. Its hard to get tht much but tht would ideal. Get as much left percent as you can within ur rules usually around 55 percent. Id try to keep cross between 49 and 52 percent the more u have the tighter the car. That's the ideal figures we use.