For Immediate Release
May 7th, 2013

Johnny Pursley Races to First Two Triumphs of 2013

Clover, South Carolina (05/07/13) – It's been an up-and-down start to the year for Johnny Pursley, but on Friday night his luck finally went his way as he powered his #09 Pursley Grading Mastersbilt Super Late Model to his first victory of 2013 with a triumph in Carolina Clash Super Late Model Series action.

With twenty-one entries on hand for the program at Carolina Speedway (Gastonia, North Carolina) Pursley found his way into the top spot early in the feature as he overtook leader, Chip Brindle. He would then hold the lead until lap 21, when contact from Mike Gault got him loose, which allowed Gault to take over the top spot. It appeared that Pursley would have to settle for a second place finish, but contact with a lapped car caused Gault to spin from contention on the white flag lap as Pursley narrowly avoided the melee to claim the win, which came over Ricky Weeks, Chip Brindle, Luke Roffers, and Damon Kotke.

“I figured if I could be patient, I would get the chance (to regain the lead), but it was looking like it was not going to happen,” said Pursley, who pocketed $4,000 for his first 2013 victory. “But when I saw (Gault) turned sideways, I knew I had him then. I can't thank all of my sponsors and fans enough for all of their awesome support!”

The victory marked his fifth career triumph with the Carolina Clash tour. Full results from the event and the latest series' standings are available at www.CarolinaClash.com .

With the first victory out of the way on Friday night, Pursley continued his winning ways on Saturday night by powering the #47 Robbie Jordan Motorsports/ Mastersbilt Limited Late Model to the feature win at Lancaster Motor Speedway (Lancaster, South Carolina). Twenty-one entries were on hand, and after qualifying on the pole Pursley led every lap to score the win! Full results from the event are available at www.LancasterSuperSpeedway.com .

Pursley will look to notch his third victory of 2013 this Saturday, when he resumes action with the Carolina Clash Super Late Model tour with a trip to Cherokee Speedway (Gaffney, South Carolina) for a $4,000-to-win event. For more information on the event please point your browsers to www.CarolinaClash.com .

Johnny Pursley would like to thank all of his sponsors including Pursleys Grading, Donnie Crowder Motorsports, Freeman Plumbing, Twin Oaks Racing, Eagle Manufacturing, Custom Race Engines, Fred Caldwell Chevrolet, Farmers Service Center, Sisco Fire, Money Savers Heating & Air, Lindsey Harris Grading, FK Rod Ends, Travis Boyd Construction, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Johnny Pursley please visit www.JohnnyPursleyRacing.com .