Exclamation Pierce Clamped 3 hole car

We are having a problem with the car wobbling back fourth in the corner. It goes back fourth lays over on right nice and then back on left looks like a motor boat. . The rear does. normally run 225 rr 200lr have run 250rr 200lr in hopes to stop the problem. s this a shock problem ? The best cars lay over and stay stable . was thinking about like a 8-2 lr shock to keep it from going back on left . or maybe more hold down shock on rr? Please help .

Whats the front springs? Is it goin back and forth on rf lr ? Sounds like a bad shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Racer111 View Post
    Whats the front springs? Is it goin back and forth on rf lr ? Sounds like a bad shock.
    Normally 650 ref 700 lf yes same thing I was thinking. It is in the rear of car right to left.

I was thinking bp cars ran a 225 to 250 on the lr and a 200 rr maybe try a 175 rr or raise the lead to help keep over on the rr.

Har ran 200 on both . but pretty heavy at times rough tracks around here. So we stiffened rr some . You might be right though. just not sure how would be in bumps

On our Bp we ran 225 lr and 200 rr and raised the ride heights 1/2 inch and worked great on pretty much any surface.

Did you raise up 1/2 all the way around or only in rear?

Only the rear and ran about 60 lbs of bite

the problem is the car is po-going on the straight panhard bar. J bar will help. or take out panhard bar angle.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Your springs are fine, yes to the 8-2 and yes to a j bar rather than a
    short LS panhard. 18 to 19" jbar

Shocks helped this weekend. We have had poblems running the 8-2 shock on lr. We have the spring cup holder and we forgot to zip tie the spring in . So the spring pops out with that lr shock . Cause iin the corner that spring comes completly out of the cup holder. I believe when this happens makes the car very loose in center. hurts side bite. Take your lr spring out entering the corner and can not be a good thing. Does anyone run a taller spring in lr to help this problem . If you do that does it change the spring rate .

I know nothing about a BP car but trying to understand your problem. Your running a clamped up spring in front lr and you have a shock thru it? How long is your spring? Sorry I'm not much help just trying to understand what is happening because we've ran a clamped up car before but the shock was behind.

Make sure that your clamp bracket hasnt spun on the axle tube.On our 08 bp we had that happen a couple times where the spring side gets pushed down and allows the car to have to much hike which unloads that spring to far.

isn't the clamp bracket tapped into the rear end with a bolt?

Shock is mounted on rear of axle on same braket as Spring holder. The spring sets in a cup . then the upper is another cup holder with a wedge bolt. So on left rear when car is on full lift the spring really has nothing holding it in .

BPRC MAN How can you tell if it is low? with an angle finder should it ne lever ? or is there a measurment?

Sorry for typo Should it be level is what i meant to say .

When you set your clamp/shock mount the rear should be at full drop and rotate the bracket so the shock has at least 1 inch of extension left in it for axle wrap.tack weld to housing . Try to get the car set up so the cup does not come off the spring more than 1.5 inches at full drop.a taller spring will not help unless you have coil bind or your screw jack doesnt reach

Thanks for the information, that is the way ours was except we had a slider in the spring. We also started running the shock on the back on the b/c and it seemed to help car. Thanks again.

that is great info . thank you . We will check that . I believe that will help alot.