Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Left side heavy

Default Left side heavy

06 bms 4 bar chevelle front clip. 700rf 650lf 175lr,spring behind. 150rr. No weight on car. Stuck at 56.1 left side % and only 51.6% rear. Cross and bite is good. Ride heights are also good. How can I pull some of the left off and get it to the rear and not mess up my bite. Thanks.
    Last edited by crateracer16; 05-15-2013 at 12:00 PM.

The only way to add rear % is to physically add weight to the car

You will have to physically move weight on your car to change left to right and front to rear weight. When you are done with that you will have to readjust your screw jacks and coil over eliminators to get your bite and cross weight back. That seems very heavy on the left, is that with the driver, how heavy is the driver, how heavy is the car.

Sounds like you will need to stick weight in the right rear of the car. Also, what wheel offsets are you using?

That's without driver but with 75lbs in the seat because I weigh 285 and my setup sheets are for a 210lb driver. The car without driver is 2112lbs with about 15 gals of fuel. 2" offset on rf and lf and lr and 3" on rr.

I would make sure your cables aren't crossed on the scales you are using. How big is the fuel cell? What engine are you running? If you don't have a problem with your scales then you need to add some lead to the rear and right side of the car.

Cables are good. Rolled my other car on them right after this one and she came out perfect. Fuel cell is a 32gal rectangle. Engine is a 418sbc with alum heads.

Fill it with fuel and start hanging weight on the RR

No way a bms is that percent , even with the weight in the seat . With my 285 lb. driver in the seat we don't have that much left . The rear is way off also. Try another set of scales , and definitely call bms.

Quote Originally Posted by setup479point2 View Post
    No way a bms is that percent , even with the weight in the seat . With my 285 lb. driver in the seat we don't have that much left . The rear is way off also. Try another set of scales , and definitely call bms.
    something is definitely way outta wack...ive never seen any modified even capable of getting close to those numbers

check the springs we had a couple springs throw the set up off once and maybe a shock or something binding up.

Quote Originally Posted by racin6mod View Post
    check the springs we had a couple springs throw the set up off once and maybe a shock or something binding up.
    This will not change left or rear percent , it will cause problems with scaling. You can't change left or rear percent without physically moving weight location.

Put the car on another set of scales and same numbers. Can't move the cell. The cage it's in isn't designed to slide. The battery is already on the right side. How much should I hang to get the rear % up? Are talking 50lbs or more?

Quote Originally Posted by crateracer16 View Post
    Put the car on another set of scales and same numbers. Can't move the cell. The cage it's in isn't designed to slide. The battery is already on the right side. How much should I hang to get the rear % up? Are talking 50lbs or more?
    hmmm that's really crazy numbers....i would check alignment of the rearend...maybe it is shoved way to the right...other than that im not sure how you'd ever get over 55% at most left side

Ya. I'm pulling my hair out over this thing. I tried 2 different sets of shocks and springs just o make make sure nothing was bent and no change. I can get the left down to about 55% but then I have low cross numbers.

We have an 06 bms , with recommended fuel in car and 20 lb weight , no driver it's over 56 percent rear. To get 51 percent in one of these you'd have to have moved the engine forward about a foot , and I don't even think that would do it. Left percent could be rear to far to right as suggested above. Again call BMS , they will gladly help. Also left and rear percent have nothing to do with cross , you can get any cross with any left and rear.
    Last edited by setup479point2; 05-15-2013 at 10:49 PM.

you can try putting 1/2" wheel spacers in the lr and lf, it will take left side % out. prob not enough. scale with shocks unhooked, pull out an axle. Something is def going on, prob something simple that you are just over looking. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by crateracer16 View Post
    Ya. I'm pulling my hair out over this thing. I tried 2 different sets of shocks and springs just o make make sure nothing was bent and no change. I can get the left down to about 55% but then I have low cross numbers.
    what'd u change to drop the left side down to 55%...? no matter what the left side is u can get ur cross back up just by turning weight jacks....the left% and rear% are all that cannot be change by weight jacks

are you sure you have the correct rearend housing and the rearend centered per BMS specs?

Rims Rims Rims.....We use different left and right side backspacing on Asphalt IMCA cars some are designed for 3"s all the way around some 2" on right 4" on left its good for 2% more left so check and see what the car is made for first. and check all your control arms and track widths compare it to the chassis centerline...If you need to scale it one wheel at a time

I am wondering if he has the numbers backwards.
    wander if the left side is 51, and rear is the 56. that sounds more like it to me.
    wander if the wrong buttons were selected on the scales.
    If not I would say it needs 2" offsets on the left, and 4" on the right. that would help a bit, but it is a band-aid to the real problem.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.