Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Left side heavy

with the bms we have we get horrible support from bms, im guesing you have to buy A brand new bms to get any kind of good support.
    sorry to change the topic but whats a good way to get ahold of the guys at close racing supply ?

Call Joel smith at (814) 225-3250. He is an awesome guy!!!

i live within a hour of BMS and alot of guys are going away from them, partially from the troubles the owner got into and now that this other kid runs it it has gone down hill as far as support....lots of guys around us that used to be huge BMS guys are now going to JET Mods...and man are they fast
    Last edited by rubbinsracin; 05-23-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Ya I called bms directly and I played hell just getting someone on the phone. But call Joel at close racing and he will spend all day on the phone helping you. He knows all the different years and thier different characteristics.

if u have a bms work with joel he has helped me aton over the last 7 yrs... knows alot and isnt afraid to help out. great guys to work with.

i talked to him last night, man it was nice finally getting a hold of someone who cared. thanks for the link

Got the car setup a lot better now. Moved some stuff like Joel said and she was on a rail last night. Thanks fellas.

So after 3 pages you arent going to tell us what you had wrong on the car?!?!?

Can't give away secrets. J/k. Rear end was to about 2" too far to the left. The biggest problem was a birdcage was bound up bad. It was a brand new bearing cage and somehow came messed up from the factory. I had to put about 45lbs of weight on rr. They also said it was ok to be down around 54% rear percent.

Quote Originally Posted by crateracer16 View Post
    Can't give away secrets. J/k. Rear end was to about 2" too far to the left. The biggest problem was a birdcage was bound up bad. It was a brand new bearing cage and somehow came messed up from the factory. I had to put about 45lbs of weight on rr. They also said it was ok to be down around 54% rear percent.
    Thank you it may help a fellow racer down the road. We knew something was bad off based on your numbers.

Sorry. Said two things at once. It was out right and I moved it left. The cage was getting stuck foward when i jacked the car up, so it pushed it back into the spring when I set the car back down. I started having too much wedge and thats how infound the cage. I changed cages and I had more rf wheel weight and less left side. Then I moved the rear end over 2" and added the 45lbs to the rr and then it brought it down to where I needed it.