Default need dry slick set up for 03 black front rocket

I have a 2003 black front rocket with a steel block aluminum head 360 in it. I have been having issues with it driving out of the corners and washing out from under me on entry and not getting decent forwerd bite. I am just wondering if anyone has some tips they could pass on im learning this car and need help with a good slick track set up. ( I am running almost identical what rocket book tells me to) .

check your pm

Iam having the same problem with my 2001 black front Rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorade View Post
    check your pm
    Hey can you send that set up my direction too?

Can you send that to me also? Thanks

I am not sure how so many guys have a hard time with the rockets, we unload standard everywhere we go and have no issues black, blue, or orange front. if you set it up correctly per the book it will be very close with exception of super slick/rough conditions

yes, set the car up off the rocket baseline. i help a guy who has a 07 black front end and we start off the baseline
    LF 500 RF 400 LR 200 RR 225 with about 120lb or LR. as the track slicks off soft'n RF spring and adjust shocks toward slick. according to how the track is once we get to a 350lb RF or most of the time a 325 spring we raise the lrt rod one hole. as you soften the rf you have to add how ever much you soften it back in wedge. if you soften it 50lb add 50lb of wedge. and put a few extra turns in the LR to add tilt to the car. keep the car over on the rf, make sure you have a travel indicator on the rf shock and try to keep it where the rf is close to bottoming out. if you have over a half in of travel left on the shock your to stiff on the rf spring. thats basicly what my local and regional drivers do and it seems to work well.
    Last edited by 4bangerhotrod; 06-04-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Thanks for the info! I had to soft of shock on the rf so it was not holding the rf down and a few other little things. when I went by what the book said to do I was lifting the left front about 5-6 inchs off the ground. Now the car is driving smooth and good. But now I gotta get motor rebuilt since it spun a bearing so it will be a bit till I get to try everything people have told me to do.

If you were standard and wheelied that bad you either need to limit lr travel or you are running th rr shock too far inboard either in the wrong frame mount or on the wrong side of the bird cage, we run 850hp motors and they don't lift the lf unless its extremely tacky and then its only a couple inches