Thread: carb issues

Default carb issues

when i get on the throttle on starts and when i let off going in to the corner and jump back on the gas the motor studders bad like its getting flooded then clears up until the next corner. i went threw the carb cleaned it all out and put new powervalves in it. the front of the carb looks like it is dripping fuel still what could cause that? when it is idling it is jumping from 900 - 1200 rpms.
    im not a motor guy but trying to figure this out

If the fuel is dripping out of the baseplate then you have the wrong gasket where the power valve goes. I just had the same problem. I needed a gasket that covered almost all the powervalve except for a tiny pin hole above the powervalve in the gasket.

check your throttle shaft for side to side play. this would explain the rpm change and fuel leak. if there is play replace the carb base plate.

i meant it is leaking in the carb out of the squirters and sounds like its flooding it sorry

Floats too high, crushed float, too much pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    Floats too high, crushed float, too much pressure?
    Make sure the power valve gasket is properly seated,it's very easy to get it misaligned . Especially if your running Teflon gaskets , have seen them fill a pan with methanol!

If you run alky, you imploded a float. If you run gas the float is too high.

SPark

ok thanks guys i will check all that stuff out

had the same problem.....i put a regulator on and its perfect now. Im on gas with a mechanical pump, when you get off the gas on entry the motor is still turning alot of rpm's so the pump still pumps fuel and its to much when you get back on the gas.

not saying anyone is wrong but i didnt see that you said you run a regulator
    Chris Zogg

i put a new pump and regulator on and its all better thanks guys