Default Northern sport mod underslung or not

Because of no limiting chain rule in IMCA northern sport mod, do you need your chassis to be underslung or can you run a overslung car? Got a friend looking to get into the class and was looking at chassis. If you can run overslung cars what are the advanges of doing so compare to an underslung car. Also i know you have to run a panhard bar behind the rear end which would make chassis mounting points easier on a underslung.

thanks for the help.

Have seen both on Sport Mods. Also seen an underslung car that they cut out the bar under the rearend because it was hitting on the rearend. Are you looking to convert an A-Mod?

Get an underslung chassis, I see a lot of people with panhard bar issues with over slung. Also you wont be tearing your shocks up with having the chassis limit hike.

Yes, looking at some used dirtworks chassis. I am not a fan of having a shock being a suspension limiter

Also can anyone tell me info on pro chassis mods, good or bad. Would like some info

Quote Originally Posted by propit21 View Post
    Also can anyone tell me info on pro chassis mods, good or bad. Would like some info
    most are metric chassis's
    they are no longer made that i know of unless some one took them over.
    i ran one for 2 years as a A-mod but sold it to a sports mod racer.
    great hook-up with short left side bar.
    very good on drier tracks.

I have ran the pro chassis as a USRA B mod and liked them a lot had a 06 and a 09 but they where chevelle frame cars and they do still build them

Any one have any pics of overslung sport mod suspension? If yoy run overslung is the only way to limit hike and drop is with the shock.

Do you have any info on pro chassis?? I bought a 06' and the previous owner gave me minimal setup info, and the car is tighter than i like?