Default spring questions

first question is there any benifit to running taller lr spring....keep it preloaded or anything.. also does anyone run softer rf then lf

if lr is same rate just taller im pretty sure there is no benefit other then wont coil bind as soon. and coil bind shouldn't be to big of a factor on lr. and almost every one runs a softer rf then lf. (some on correct me if im wrong)

I ran 1000 RF and 850 LF, 13" springs out back 200, 175

Dave
    2012 UMP Stock Car National Champions.
    2013 UMP Modified Rookie of the Year
    2014 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Fairbury American Legion Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 UMP Modified, Northen IL Regional Champion
    2018 UMP Modified, #2 National Points Standings
    Like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/McKinneyMotorsports

Dave can i pm you a couple questions

I took a 13" 250lb LR out and put in a 16" 100lb, night and day difference. You can figure up what spring rate you will need by measuring the compress height of your original spring and multiplying that by the spring rate. If your running a 13" 250lb that is compress 2.5" then that would be 625lbs of spring pressure. Now decide what lenght of spring you want to run. In my case the 16", the 16" spring is 3" taller so add 3" to the original compressed height of 2.5". That gives you 5.5" of spring compression. Divide 625lbs of spring pressure by 5.5" to equal 113lbs of spring rate. Now you wont be able to buy a spring that that is 113lb rate, so you have to decide to go to a 100 or 125. Hope that helps.

We went to the 16" spring because the car was rolling over so bad that the LR spring would all but fall out. In the corners it was not applying any pressure to the LR. With the 16" spring, it doesnt loose contact with the rearend housing or the jack bolt. It might only be compressed an inch or two, but 100 or 200lbs of spring pressure is a lot more than none. We rescaled the car after we were done and boy was it a lot more fun drive, and faster. Some might argue that it wont help you any and its a waste of time. But it definetely helped me. Like I said, we rescaled the car to the exact same numbers as before so the only thing that changed was the length and spring rate of the spring.

i also tried a 16" in my lr. i took out a 13" 200 pound spring and replaced it with a 16" 100 pound spring. car was crazy fast on a tacky track at the beginning of the year. but the longer the year goes my home track dries out drastically and it quit working. seemed to be very particular on track conditions and was very unforgiving if they were not ideal. i put my 13" 200 back in and it seems to be much better for all around track conditions. also after an entire season on a 16" 100 pound eibach spring its rating dropped to 80 pounds and i had the car on jack stands every night after the race. but give it a try. maybe you can make it work for you.

what height spring do u run on rr ?