Hoosier tires???

Default Hoosier tires???

How can a company that can't figure out what is going on under there own roof figure out if a tire has been treated with chemicals?

To: All WISSOTA Competitors, Promoters, Board of Directors

Hoosier Racing Tire takes great pride in the high standard of quality of our products. Recent production of the WISSOTA 35 has not met this standard. We want to sincerely apologize to all competitors and promoters who have been adversely affected by premature wear experienced on the rear wheel positions.

We want to assure all WISSOTA members that we recognize the problem and have taken steps to identify the issue and implement a solution. As of today, we do not have an answer to the cause of the problems associated with the WISSOTA 35. We have collected data and witnessed first-hand the issues being experienced by some competitors. This situation is being given the highest priority in our company and we can confidently say we will have an answer as to the cause.

In order to ensure no further issues would be experienced by competitors, Hoosier, along with representatives of WISSOTA, conducted a tire test to find a viable replacement for the WISSOTA 35 on the rear of the car. The decision was made based on the results of this tire test, to introduce a WISSOTA 35-R tire to be run on the rear wheel positions. We are confident the WISSOTA 35-R will eliminate the problems being experienced with the WISSOTA 35 tire. No issues were seen, and testing confirmed, the current WISSOTA 35 tire is acceptable for front wheel positions.

Words cannot express our extreme disappointment in this situation, especially considering how well the WISSOTA 35 tire had performed since its introduction. Our intention is to continue to work to return to the WISSOTA 35 tire which you have had for the previous 2 years. We will be testing throughout this summer to accomplish that goal and will keep WISSOTA members updated on our progress.

In an effort to minimize the financial impact experienced by some competitors, Hoosier Racing Tire, along with Hoosier Tire North and your authorized Hoosier tire dealers, will be implementing a 100% return adjustment procedure for eligible WISSOTA 35 tires. In order for a tire to be eligible for 100% adjustment/replacement, it must meet the following criteria:

-WISSOTA 35 rear drive tire with a production code from affected batches.

-New (unused, unsiped, never mounted) WISSOTA 35 rear drive tire or

-Used WISSOTA 35 rear drive tire which shows visible signs of tread delamination/excessive wear/excessive tread chunking

Tires must be returned to an authorized Hoosier Tire dealer or directly to Hoosier Tire North. Affected tires must be returned by August 1, 2013. No tires pertaining to this issue will be adjusted after this date.

We again thank all WISSOTA Competitors, Promoters, and the WISSOTA Board of Directors for your patience and understanding in dealing with this situation. Everyone at Hoosier Racing Tire knows you deserve better, and we will strive to provide you with the quality product and service you have come to expect from us.

Sincerely,

Joyce Newton

President

65465 U.S. 31 LAKEVILLE, INDIANA 46536 Phone (574) 784-3152 Fax (574) 784-2385 WEBSITE: www.hoosiertire.com

I didn't realize it was Hoosier's job to figure out if a racer treated a tire with chemicals

So you think Hoosier gives some independant lab the "make up" of the tire so the different sanctioning bodies can find out if the tires are treated?

Yes. Or the lab buys a new Hoosier tire and pulls their samples to set the standards from that.

I didn't see anything in the press release that indicated Hoosier was having problems with the actual chemical makeup of the tire; therefore I don't see how this WISSOTA problem would have anything to do with doped tires.

Hoosier isn't the one checking to see if tires are being treated with chemicals. Independent labs do that for the series' and sanctioning bodies.
    I would be very surprised if Hoosier provided the chemical make up of their tires to any lab. It's my understanding the sanction or series submits tires for the lab to test to determine the benchmark.
    As far as the problems with the WISSOTA tire, it looks like Hoosier is handling it correctly.
    Support WEEKLY racing......while you still can!

Like I said, when a company can't controll what is happening under there own roof with tires failing and has zero answers I have little faith in them being able to tell what the chemical make-up is on a "doped" tire.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    like i said, when a company can't controll what is happening under there own roof with tires failing and has zero answers i have little faith in them being able to tell what the chemical make-up is on a "doped" tire.
    does your name come from sniffing said chemicals ?

yes, and dealing with douche bags on a daily basis.........

"Like I said, when a company can't controll what is happening under there own roof with tires failing and has zero answers I have little faith in them being able to tell what the chemical make-up is on a "doped" tire. "

You don't need to have any faith in them being able to tell what the chemical make up is on a doped tire.
    It's my understanding the lab tests a new tire to set the benchmark. Any deviation from that and the tire is deemed to have been chemically treated.

You need to have faith in the people involved from the time the tires are taken from the racers ,the handling and testing procedures and the lab itself. None of that has anything to do with Hoosier.
    Support WEEKLY racing......while you still can!

The answer is to quit letting Hoosier be the tire for these series. Racing series are taking the easy way out by using Hoosier as their mandatory tire so they can get 20 bucks or so for each tire sold to the racer. A good sanctioning body would sell advertisement to pay for their point fund, rather than mandating an overpriced, inferior tire to make the racers pay their own point fund. When given the choice, the American Racer tire will outlast ( more heat cycles) and outrun their hoosier counterparts at most race tracks for quite a bit less money. One top tier driver told me one time when asked about tire doping, " Doping tires is the only way we can keep up with the American Racers when we are running Hoosiers" Hoosier has used the tire money added to the mandatory overpriced tire to bribe race tracks and series to mandate their tire as the only tire, which has raised the price and hurt the car counts for years, as well as hurt the quality of the tires. Competition is good for quality. I sided with Hoosier when Goodyear was running them out of Nascar. Hoosier has done the same thing to short track racing, which has adversely affected car counts. What would happen if one chassis, or engine were mandated to run a certain series? Would the price stay reasonable? Would the quality of the car or engine suffer? Would every body be able to buy the same thing as the top tier drivers? One thing for sure about racing, nobody is making money anymore except Hoosier. Drivers, racetracks, car owners, chassis builders, and parts dealers are all struggling.
    Last edited by HEAVY DUTY; 06-06-2013 at 06:35 PM.

wissota has always had problems with hoosier tires. they go with the lowest bidder for their chemicals, like im sure most tire companies do, but there batches vary widely.

when we tried to switch to goodyears up in that area, you got to see a different tire which was nice. but like the hoosiers, the goodyears chunked up a bit as well. the big difference between the 2 though was hoosiers are almost plastic in their makeup compared to goodyears which were more of a rubber.

the labs use benchmark tires any chemical on tires will show up.but i do not agree with lab testing they should be
    testing for toxic chemicals only.

Amen to your story Donnie,,,,,,very very true,,but most people would not have the nads to say what you did,,,,thanks
    We build fast race cars,,not race cars fast!

That's the problem Backspace. We are the ones putting on the show. They don't own us. They should be glad to have us. They shouldn't make us pay our own points fund and purses by charging us so much at the back gate and adding so much to the tires. A real promoter and a good sanctioning body will sell sponsorship and try to fill the grandstands to get the money to pay the purse. Promoters have gotten lazy and just want to open the gates with very little track prep and charge twice as much to get in the pits as it used to be for the same purse as 20 years ago. The sanctioning bodies are not interested in getting a better tire for the racers because, the more tires that gets sold, the more money they get. Hoosier gets money, the sanction bodies get money, and the racers are all going broke. The low budget guys are trying to dope their tires to save money instead of buying new ones every week to be competitive and that pisses the sanction bodies off because they aren't getting their money out of new tires. I don't like the chemicals because a lot of them are dangerous, but racers will do what it takes to win. The sanctioning bodies and racetracks that are accepting tire bribe money should worry about what would put more cars in the pits rather than which tire company gives them the most money. ( I know of two local tracks that get or have gotten $10,000 and $7000 from hoosier to be a hoosier only track. That money comes from the racers paying more for the tires than they should) When there is just a hand full of cars in each class to run, they aren't gonna get any money at all and they will be shut down.

Couldn't agree more...
    We build fast race cars,,not race cars fast!

People may want to read the 1st post, it references nothing about chemical alterations of the tire. It talks of tire delamination and chunking. That is probably due to changes in the manufacture of the tire from Hoosier not anything done by the teams. It's the same thing that is causing other motor sports to have issues with tires.