Question 383 Stroker Build

New here, so Hello to all.so, helped a buddy build a camaro this year and dropped in a 92' LT1 350 bored 0.40 with 94-96 LT1 heads, 2.00/1.55 valves, "guessing" on 64cc , stock roller cam, flattop hyp. pistons. Bought the motor already assembled so can't verify this without pulling the motor. So, we've been running this 3375lb. street stock camaro in the sportsman class 3/8 mile Dirt against cars that are 600lbs lighter and twice the horsepower. Been finishing pretty consitently in the top three, currently 3rd in points.So, we're looking at putting together a 383 stroker to move this car to the front.Found a forged stroker kit for a descent price, but I'm not sure about a few things and maybe someone can help.Forged Crank, Flat top Pistons & 6" H-beam Rods.I was considering staying with a roller cam, but don't know the limitations of these heads as far as lift. If the budget runs tight, I've heard it's possible to run a solid or hydraulic camin these roller blocks, does anyone know for sure? I've heard these LT1 heads have limitations on cam lift and at this point have a guy lined up to port and polish the heads and match the intake. Plan on updating thesprings and adding roller rockers, which I've heard may be a clearance issue with the center bolt valve covers. Was looking at the self aligning steel rolller rockers?So, my first question is if we update these heads is there still a limit to cam lift?We run on ethanol free 94 octane fuel and so I'm not sure about compression, but desktop dyno puts compression about 12:1.I'm guessing it should run with this compression...the only issue is the combustion chamber on these heads, I read online two diffent size combustion chambersone site says 54cc and another 64cc... if they turn out to be 54cc it's blow the compression to 13-14:1, depending on the head gasket thickness.Does anyone know about these heads, the casting #12554290, like I said I got mixed info.I know I could pull the heads and check, but it's running week to week and we are going to try to get things lined out ahead of time and do the swap on our off weeks.It's alot of questions I know, but any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by kumarotech; 06-10-2013 at 01:44 PM.