Default Hydraulic Cam Dry Lash Question

Ok,so a friend had his hydraulic head freshened,as well as his bottom end,he says its not making near as much power as it did last year.

The hydraulic lifters dry lash was set at .035...i have always set mine at .045-.050...could too little lash be causing this loss in power?

He had new cam bearings installed,new valve springs and retainers(installed height and pressure checks out good)and new lifters..thats it for the head...the bottom end got new oil pump,new bearings,and new rings.
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

Eric:
    Hot Leak down #s?
    Cam degreed in the same?
    Vacuum Leaks?

By the way, Congratulations on your Feature win last wednesday night! You done good!!!!
    JerryM

everything is good there Jerry...i just feel the lash is too tight...but wanted to get some others advice before i tear into it.

felt good to get in someone elses car and go from the back to the front...i just dont know why i was the only one running the outside...LOL
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

Eric,

I doubt the lash is causing a dramatic power difference. We also agree that .045" would be the prefered lash.

Do yourself a favor and leak down the engine to see if there's leakage past the intake valves or rings. My guess is that there's some intake valve leakage and it's disrupting the incoming charge, or ignition issue.