Default Brake pad question

What is the difference between the hawk black pad and the hawk dtc-30 pad or are they the same? Which one would you prefer?

Good question,I wish somebody would who has run them both would weigh in.

I also think the dtc 30 is a more aggressive pad than the black. I have ran both and I like the dtc 30 better. You can put on a good spark show for 4th of July too! Lol

I had some DTC 30 on the back and the dtc 05 on the front for a bit and for me the 30's felt to aggressive, im sure i could adjust to the difference over time, but for 5 yrs the blacks have worked just fine. Unless your running a hooked up track and need to lock the rear tires up under braking for some reason i dont see a need for a super aggressive pad. This may not be the case for everyone, just my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagen14t View Post
    What is the difference between the hawk black pad and the hawk dtc-30 pad or are they the same? Which one would you prefer?
    I have ran both. I felt that the blacks were harder on the rotor. They also seemed to "Grab" to hard when riding brake and gas real hard, and caused me to stall the car more. I then went to the DTC 30, and ran those for a year and a half. They didn't have hardly any wear to the rotors the whole time, and worked quite well for riding brake and gas. I have since moved onto the Wolf Packs pads though for the rears, and run a DTC 30 on LF and a DTC 05 on RF. I was getting my rotor temps to high, and really going through the 30 pads in a hurry on the rears..