Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

x2 on what Ego said. We only run a double pass cause it was all they local speed shop had on hand when we needed an immediate replacement. i find that it made zero difference in cooling on these cars.

Quote Originally Posted by rubbinsracin View Post
    x2 on what Ego said. We only run a double pass cause it was all they local speed shop had on hand when we needed an immediate replacement. i find that it made zero difference in cooling on these cars.
    Thanks guys I thought that was what I needed but wasn't sure on the pulleys.... and did research on the gm fan and no longer available so I called CV and they said they only sell the allstar fan now so that's what I'm stuck with...

I don't think that amazon add is for the GM fan that we have always used

the GM fan that pulls the most air of any fan we have ever tested is 405442 and it has NOT been discontinued by GM

they have become very proud of it in recent years and the price reflects that pride but they are the best cooling fan out there in my opinion-------they also rob the most HP---but you can't win if you can't finish

we have plenty in stock if you can't get them at your local dealer

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by brad hibbard View Post
    I don't think that amazon add is for the GM fan that we have always used

the GM fan that pulls the most air of any fan we have ever tested is 405442 and it has NOT been discontinued by GM

they have become very proud of it in recent years and the price reflects that pride but they are the best cooling fan out there in my opinion-------they also rob the most HP---but you can't win if you can't finish

we have plenty in stock if you can't get them at your local dealer

Brad
    Yes that is the same fan. I posted comparison pics of it a couple weeks ago. Same fan just in an ac delco box.

Cross-reference numbers: https://acdelcooutlet.com/index.php/15-80752.html

WOW---that would be great to be able to buy that fan at an affordable price again

any chance you could repost those pics----not that I don't trust you --I just want to be sure before ordering

we sell 50 to 60 a year so I won't hold back when ordering

http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?303...-vs-the-others

I bought the same fan and brought my temp down 30-40 over a smaller 4 blade. It didnt even have as much pitch as the other one pictured in his thread. It has the balance rivet on it as well.

OK --we will see in 5 to 8 business days LOL

they use to have a picture in the ad not sure why they took it down. Also if you scroll down it has the OEM number listed.

Thanks for the info guys! I did exactly what you said and car never went over 200*!