Thread: Crate fuel?

Default Crate fuel?

I have been racing Nesmith crate late models for most of this season. We have been running on pump gas. We have recently found out that we could run alternative fuels that would increase horsepower! Now for my questions. 1) Will the vp chp fuel run without a return and on a racing block mounted fuel pump with no issues. 2)I have researched these fuels extensively and there appears to be tree alternatives vp chp, vp crate and renegade rat man fuel. The vp crate is supposed to be a drop in replacement fuel with no extra mods other than increasing jet size. Any help would be gfreatly appreciated.

No-one has any input?

you do not need a return system for CHP but we do recommend it as a way to help prevent vapor lock

CHP has a low boiling point and consequently has a habbit of vapor locking

block mounted pumps work just fine

you will need to increase jet size to take advantage of the available oygen in the fuel

give me a call and I can go over some of the specifics

Brad
    330-540-7223
    www.race-1.com

We have Renegade Ratman 108 for sale out of lincoln Il. We can sell in gallons or drums. Call or text 217-737-6083 for details.
    Thanks
    Myles Moos

Quote Originally Posted by moosie34 View Post
    We have Renegade Ratman 108 for sale out of lincoln Il. We can sell in gallons or drums. Call or text 217-737-6083 for details.
    Thanks
    Myles Moos
    rateman will make the most power an have best curve on the dyno per bill herndren
    white trash motorsports

VP CHP is not legal in Nesmith series at this time. I have had great luck with Base X04. I am able to run a smaller jet and maintain what I consider good HP and fuel mileage. I run consistently in top 5 in Nesmith Touring Series and usually burn 4-5 gallons of fuel in a 40 or 50 lap race.