Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I thought that everyone could read with comprehension. Guess I was not thinking about you. If this was in a street stock forum and someone was speaking of a engine I would not recommend an aluminum large bore space block but then again I try to only post on the topic of discussion, Again common sense. The topic is the 525 crate engine which is produced by GM in there production facilities. Have you seen a production GM engine with a billet aluminum block which is what this topic is about.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty white boy View Post
    been a while since dyno's been on here,..now you jinxed us,..guess he'll be out on parole for illegal stock trades now an waylay us with his latest alien valve springs for ultra high revving crate motors an free carb dyno's plus shipping an handling...
    Very funny, really. So does anyone on here know whats possible with an actual CT525? Theoretically the stock block, crank and heads, whats safely economically possible power wise? Someone mentioned the oil system may be a weak link, so what kind of RPM's can she handle before oiling becomes an issue? Basically if I wanted to "Hop Up" a CT525 with the stock block, crank and heads whats doable??? I'm NOT looking for how I can cheat, just looking at it as a theoretical inexpensive all aluminum engine, thats it...

800hp MAX, doubt you will get there without any power adders. But that would be my number. probably pushing at that with the sustained rpms we will see.

i think 700 at the flywheel would be doable if you were really smart. 650 should be easy.

Also, i havent seen any info on what valves are in these heads. Havent looked much, but they need to be replaced especially if they are the hollow stemmed.

7500 rpm max also without going dry sump. and I wouldnt venture past 7200 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by derricklong38 View Post
    800hp MAX, doubt you will get there without any power adders. But that would be my number. probably pushing at that with the sustained rpms we will see. i think 700 at the flywheel would be doable if you were really smart. 650 should be easy. Also, i havent seen any info on what valves are in these heads. Havent looked much, but they need to be replaced especially if they are the hollow stemmed. 7500 rpm max also without going dry sump. and I wouldnt venture past 7200 myself.
    Thank you, specific and informative.