Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I think this is the second time I have told you. He was going back to his vehicle when he got jumped by TM. You really should go look at the facts of the trial instead of taking you clues from the media. Even IF he would have continued to follow TM he would still have been justified. It was his duty and it is not against the law to follow someone.

Quote Originally Posted by racin6mod View Post
    This is not a race thing or a nra thing it's simply a guy going to fare if he would not have gotten out of the car nothing else would have happened the kid knew that he was being watched so he would not have done anything wrong from that point on that is the reason for neighborhood watches. most are not carrying gun's for this very reason.

once Zimmerman put up his web site asking others to pay for his living and his lawyer fee's he welcomed the media circus that has gone crazy over this.I do find it interesting that the same people who claim to dislike those that free load are behind this one 100 percent. the team that got him off was not cheap and they have asked those that gave money to him to give a little more.
    He got out of his car. Wow that is just wrong. Call the Justice Department, I think you're on to some leverage for the prosecution!!!

Quote Originally Posted by racin6mod View Post
    This is not a race thing or a nra thing it's simply a guy going to fare if he would not have gotten out of the car nothing else would have happened the kid knew that he was being watched so he would not have done anything wrong from that point on that is the reason for neighborhood watches. most are not carrying gun's for this very reason.

once Zimmerman put up his web site asking others to pay for his living and his lawyer fee's he welcomed the media circus that has gone crazy over this.I do find it interesting that the same people who claim to dislike those that free load are behind this one 100 percent. the team that got him off was not cheap and they have asked those that gave money to him to give a little more.
    You are right again, Martin could have headed straight home instead of prowling the neighborhood. Until the car left and then hit the hood again later on!!

why did it even go to trial the media

This was the first real test of the stand your ground laws. All of what happend came from Zimmerman because dead men cant tell thier side of the story or testify for that matter. Leads thinking people to wonder if both sides of the story would have agreed. Things like did Zimmerman have his gun out?, did Martin really jump from the shadows? Did Zimmerman throw the first punch and missed then got his ass handed to him to the point where deadly force was used? We do know he was told by the police to stand down and not to confront him. As for the how the fight started it is a biased story of a man up on murder charges. But the moment he disobeyed the police order it become obvious he was looking for trouble. I dont think murder was the charges they should have tried him on but manslaughter was a place to start. Hell hit a kid that comes running out between 2 cars with your car and kill them and you will be charged with manslaughter automaticly.

Your contrivences make no difference, the witness's that they had said Zimmy was on the bottom and Martin on the top. Zimmerman obviously didn't know if the butt whoopin was going to end beforre or after he died, he made "sure" it was before....case closed.

TM attacked got shot .his own fault...

Quote Originally Posted by Headhunter View Post
    This was the first real test of the stand your ground laws. All of what happend came from Zimmerman because dead men cant tell thier side of the story or testify for that matter. Leads thinking people to wonder if both sides of the story would have agreed. Things like did Zimmerman have his gun out?, did Martin really jump from the shadows? Did Zimmerman throw the first punch and missed then got his ass handed to him to the point where deadly force was used? We do know he was told by the police to stand down and not to confront him. As for the how the fight started it is a biased story of a man up on murder charges. But the moment he disobeyed the police order it become obvious he was looking for trouble. I dont think murder was the charges they should have tried him on but manslaughter was a place to start. Hell hit a kid that comes running out between 2 cars with your car and kill them and you will be charged with manslaughter automaticly.
    Not true, and I know this firsthand. When I was in college, I was coming home from cleaning carpets in a house around 10pm. I looked in my mirror to change lanes when guy walked out of a bar right into the path of my work van. There was nothing's could do, because I never saw him, even in the half second it took to check my rear view. He died in he hospital a few days later. Without question, the darkest time in my life. I was never charged with anything, but I live with the fact that I was involved in someone losing their life. Not a day goes by that I don't think about it. There was another exit i could have taken to take the key back to the owner of that house, but i never went that way. I would give ANYTHING if I had. Nobody had to die then, but somebody did. I found out later the young man had gotten thrown out for fighting and was high on weed, per the police report. I prayed harder than I ever had in my life for God to spare his life, but or whatever reason, he passed. It's a shame that he died because of the path he chose, and because of his choices, I have to live with the fact that I killed him. No disrespect, but Martin chose the thug life like so many others, and that cost him his life.

What about Trayvon's right to stand his ground? He was being followed (stalked) for no reason. How far would you let someone follow you before you confronted them? I'd wager a guess half the people on this board would have confronted Zimmerman exactly the same way Trayvon did, of course with the added benefit of not being black right?

But I'm sure that's not the case. You guys would have let the Zimmerman follow you all the way home I'm bet!

Martin did stand his ground. In fact, he stood his ground to the point of attacking and knocking Zimmerman down, bashing his head into the asphalt hard enough to cause lacerations, bloodied his nose and cause other bruising to Zimmerman's head.

I guess what you are saying is it's ok for the black kid to "stand his ground" and assault the Hispanic guy, but its not OK for the Hispanic guy, once under attack from the kid, to defend himself?

Bottom line, if I am being followed and I take offense to it, I know that turning around and physically assaulting the person following makes me the criminal. End of story.

If you wish to debate the topic, please avail yourself of all the available facts of the incident, not just the Al Sharpton version of events. No, Martin was NOT justified in attacking Zimmerman. Yes, Zimmerman WAS justified in defending himself after being attacked.

No, this was NOT a "stand your ground" case, it was a kid who got pissed because someone kept an eye on him in the neighborhood he was in and he attacked the guy and got shot in the ensuing fight he started. I don't think the kid deserved to lose his life over it, but sometimes the consequences of your attitude, lifestyle and decisions you make can result in outcomes way more severe than you may anticipate. I doubt Martin thought "hey, I bet if I go to beat the crap out of this guy who's following me, it might cost me my life." But that's what happened. You can blame Zimmerman for provoking him by following him, but you can't blame Zimmerman for the kid starting the fight. That was all Trayvon Martin.

And in response to your direct question, "would you let someone follow you and not confront them?" the answer is probably not. But I sure as hell wouldn't take the liberty of attacking someone for following me, either. And that's where Trayvon Martin went wrong.
    Last edited by t.nie; 08-01-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Well said Tnie! Well said. I feel the same way, it sucks the kid is dead but he took it to the level that got him shot.

Would I let someone follow me? Probably not but I also wouldn't have jumped on him and beat the guy down without asking him why he was following me. Likely would have just called the cops as I kept walking home. Besides Zimmerman stopped following him and was headed back to his car when he got jumped.

Another well said to t.nie!!!

Amazing...I agree with T.nie....might just be a first!!!

trayvon switch flipped he was high and he made a very bad decision.

We all make bad decisions, sometimes there permanent...

SS12 If everyone was shown this video, this matter would be closed. How corrupt the state run media and the left are. Department of Justice and its Attorney General Holder want this kind of info kept quite and push lies as fact instead.

In fact this whole matter should be redirected at the ones stirring this incident up.

Thanks for posting this excellent video!
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 08-03-2013 at 12:49 PM.