Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Having watched the Supernational sat. nite at boone. I did see that not all created equal. Some crates were fast and others were. Smith did win but he was not fast compared the two cars in front until lap 38. In the right place at the right time hats off to him for that. Boones not a good track for the crates. Crates do have a place but not a fan of imca. Taked to one guy from Wisc and he just put a new harris together with a crate everything was not notch for a cheap $31000.00 and he plans on racing it this winter down south with the crate. imo lets go back to the $ 500 claim and have some good old fashion fights in the pits after the races like the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    10 nights. why? Does that matter? charcoal probably hasn't ever turned a lap and for sure half the other experts on here haven't either.
    How about 14 feature event wins at three different tracks sound for back up? I know for a fact I've won more modified main events than you and I sit second in track points currently. Not only that, I'm 100 positive my knowledge of these cars is superior to yours. So please don't start picking fights and calling names about someone you know nothing about.

People are cheating the crates, they are not being teched like other motors, end of story.

Not only have I checked fuel, but have also pumped crates, checked valve springs and passed a camera down through them. Not all tech is created equal. Just because it has seal bolts doesnt mean squat to me, it gets checked no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by C10 View Post
    Not only have I checked fuel, but have also pumped crates, checked valve springs and passed a camera down through them. Not all tech is created equal. Just because it has seal bolts doesnt mean squat to me, it gets checked no matter what.
    Now THIS is a good tech man. They are worth their weight in gold. The problem is that there aren't too many of them. Most want to hurry up and get home. They don't care that they are hurting the class or that they aren't doing the job that they were hired to do. A real tech man's job starts AFTER the feature and stops when the last car has been THOROUGHLY checked.

Anybody know of who made the main at Nationals that ran a Crate weekly then ran an open engine for Nationals? Gustin is the only one that I know of, but he ran his open car at Boone weekly and his crate car everywhere else. He rolled his primary car and qualified in his back up, I didn't see if it was a crate or open.

Ricky thorton jr had been on a crate most of the year out in az. He's switched back to the open a few times on weekends where he's going to a track that got rain but other than that it's a crate.

way crates are round here...builders will buy x number of motors,...tare them all down an mic every thing out an match up best parts,..blue print an what not,...re assemble an dyno,..then price them according to best power an torque numbers,..good ones start round 7500,...an most the front runners round here spend that money an have builders names on there fenders or hoods advertizing it! so the builders still building but ant as much money in it as unlimited motors...tech,hell ant none sept seal checks,...protest is done by the builders....some are shady,..some seem straight up but ya never know less your there...
    Last edited by dirty white boy; 09-10-2013 at 01:56 PM.
    white trash motorsports

stock car driver: What were trying to say is this is happening believe it or not. We are also saying that if IMCA dont start checking them it will get out of control. Just because its sealed don't mean anything. I Know you think were all crazy but were not. Its just like the Nitro, its happening. Only thing is don't just check the Gas...better check the oil to, this is an old Kart Trick. So if you see a Crate with a PCV Valve,,,,think about it and check the oil.............................. C10-----I have done the same thing with the crates, I check them just like I do the open engines. I love it when you tell them you want to Pump a Crate,,,,They all say the same thing..."What for its a crate"..LOL.....I just say the same thing.."I don't care" .....I make them pull the Headers and check the exhauts ports just like the open engines for porting. We will even pull valve springs off the head to test them. There not special just because there a crate.

One last thing, and I will leave this alone. I just want to tell you something I thought was funny........This year at the $10.000 to win at West Plains we were pre-teching cars and when I got to this one guy......He looked at me and said........"This is an IMCA Sealed Crate Engine and the Chassis is a Harris you don't need to check it because its been teched by IMCA and passed" I just laughed and looked at him and said....."This is not IMCA and I don't care if its a Harris or not, What makes Harris special". We found his Soft Touch not working, He wanted to know where we got our testers from. We told him from MSD and its a Brand New Tester.....We were using there proto type and was being showed how to use it by the MSD trainer....It was funny when his control did not work.....I just looked at him and said........Like I said I dont care, fix it or you wont race. Wonder how often they test MSD boxes to...?????

At SN, I know they checked boxes. SCD if you dont think that Freisen out of NE is touching stuff before they seal it up you dont like to question things. It is funny that the only 2 crates that really did much last week were from them. No other crate out there was able to pull the open motors off of the corner. IMCA might not do (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) about it but I will raise hell until further notice. We all knew IMCA wouldnt DQ their poster boys for the crate but now that they won SN look out for a rule change come November. If not, bye bye modifieds hello late models.

hell,..can buy the chevy seal bolts on ebay,..raceingjunk.com too,...know of a 383 ci 602 crate motor with seals,..know bout them aftermarket cams with crate part numbers on the down low,...look alike valve springs,..know a few that plum 100 shot nitrios oxide threw air filter,...traction control an tire dope gose a long way too
    white trash motorsports

I have a scanner on my smart phone, it is a scanner and data base directly from GM and it WILL scan the imprinted laser box on the seal bolts. That laser imprint tells me EXACTLY who the engine was sold to, where it was built and what dealer sold it. I have the MSD test boxes, one will check the whole system from dizzy to box, the other checks chips. But there is a way to check the rev circuit with out them. All it takes is a VOM and a half plugged in 3000 rpm pill. This checks the resistance of the entire rev circuit of the box and chip all at the same time. If there is a timer or resister in the circuit the ohm's will be off the charts. Not all tech guys are stupid and lazy. If you race at a track that has no tech to speak of then you NEED to call IMCA and voice your concern in a PROFESSIONAL manner. Dont just call them up and say "So and so racer is cheating and there doing nothing about it". That just makes you look like a cry baby.
    IMCA rules are as they are to create parity, and to have the racers somewhat police themselves. Their phone line is ALWAYS open and most IMCA tech's and directors post their E mail and phone numbers in the monthly news paper. Instead of always crying on here CONTACT them. Its simple. Thanks. Sean Walker IMCA IMS tech .

There is not one single seal bolt on ebay that will pass tech from even 5 feet away. Even you can visibly tell the difference most likely, lol.

Gm seal bolts are encrypted with a code..

IMCA has a cable lock seal on them also, this thread is about IMCA Modifieds.
    was speaking on the crates as a whole as there ant no imca round here,just fastrac an NDRA but if these can cheat up a crate an get seals on them,..imca crates can too,..if there's enough $$$ put down...
    white trash motorsports

The crate motors with nitrous oxide and stuff are in cars driven by The Werewolf, Sasquatch, and a Space Alien. If you see them, point out the problems to the tech man. The legal race winning crate motors can be bought after the race.

I don't know about the claims of nitrous oxide, but I'm talking about nitromethane. When used in small quantities, which is about all the crates bottom end can handle, it's pretty hard to detect in fuel samples, regardless of what all these guys who believe their heros don't cheat Try to tell you.

Stock Car Driver: I got to post on what you said, JUST BECAUSE you drive, Own, Build or what ever it is you do other then being a know it ALL......I don't know nor do I care, But I can tell you there are MORE GUYS out there that know about setting up race cars, building race cars and tuning race cars that have forgot more then most of you KNOW IT ALL BIG HEADED DRIVERS WILL EVER KNOW ABOUT RACE CARS. Dont you ever sell the guys that just work on them short on there knowlage. Just because they don't DRIVE a car don't mean there stupid....Mr Big Head Stock Car Driver. IM DONE WITH YOU FOR NOW UNTIL YOU SAY SOMETHING ELSE STUPID !!!!.

Those of us that have raced long enough aren't surprised by anything.......including listening to the guys that think they seen it all and done it all.

I know who that stand around kid is, he is from my area.

20 years of racing building cars doesn't mean I know everything by any means. I do know that my legal and other legal IMCA crate motors run just fine.

So this clown thinks that cheating a 604 to gain 30 horse is going to make a huge difference when you're already 100 if not more down from an open motor. JJ stop playing with these fools they know nothing.
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

Aluminum heads, 3 inch blade, roller motor. Win nearly every big show of the year? I would say they don't need any more advantages as it is, let alone alone a "meer" 30-40 more hp. You sir have your head in the sand

388 cubes
    9.5 to 1 compression
    stock heavy rods
    15lb balancer
    55-56lb crank
    heavy azz pistons
    6400rpm chip rule
    388!!! No wonder Sobbing runs circles around everyone in those things!!