Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    388!!! No wonder Sobbing runs circles around everyone in those things!!
    typo dum azz

Thanks for being a fan.

Default heathe rules from Ne Smith series .this rule has kept the eng builders busy this year

Hear aTHE PROTEST FEE FOR A COMPLETE TEAR DOWN AN ENGINE THAT FINISHES THE A-MAIN IS $900, AND
    THE FEE MUST BE PAID TO THE RACE DIRECTOR OR TECHNICAL DIRECTOR, IN CASH, WITHIN 10 MINUTES
    AFTER THE CHECKERED FLAG HAS FALLEN ON THE A-MAIN. MUST FINISH IN THE TOP 5 TO BE ELIGIBLE
    TO PROTEST. $250 OF PROTEST FEE WILL GO THE SERIES, REMAINING $650 WILL GO TO WINNER OF
    PROTEST.
    2. AT ANY TIME AN ENGINE IS PROTESTED, AND DRIVER/CAR OWNER ACCEPTS PROTEST AND AGREES TO
    TEAR DOWN, THE ENGINE BEING PROTESTED MUST BE REMOVED AND IMPOUNDED BY RACE TRACK
    RIGHT THEN, AND MAKE ARRANGEMENTS FOR NATIONAL TECHNICAL DIRECTOR FOR INSPECTION. ANY
    REFUSAL AT THIS POINT FOR ANY REASON WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION, AND DEALT WITH
    ACCORDINGLY. (added 6/18/12)
    3. ANY CRATE RACING USA SANCTIONED RACE TRACK IS AUTHORIZED TO CALL FOR AN ENGINE INSPECTION
    OR TEAR DOWN BY CRATE RACING USA NATIONAL TECHNICAL DIRECTOR. IF THIS HAPPENS TRACK WILL
    REMOVE ENGINE AT RACE TRACK, AND IMPOUND UNTIL INSPECTION DAY CAN BE ARRANGED FOR ALL
    PARTIES INVOLVED.
    4. FAILURE AND/OR REFUSAL TO TEAR DOWN AN ENGINE AND/OR FOR YOUR RACE CAR TO BE INSPECTED
    BY SERIES OFFICIALS AT ANY TIME WILL RESULT IN A 365-DAY SUSPENSION AND FINE OF A DETERMINED
    AMOUNT BY SERIES OFFICIALS.
    5. ONLY THREE PEOPLE FROM THE PROTESTED CAR AND 1 PERSON DESIGNATED FROM THE TEAM
    PROTESTING WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE TECH AREA DURING A PROTEST.
    the rules from Ne Smith series .this rule has kept the eng builders busy this year

If only the top 5 can protest, I'm surprised the protest gets used at all. Unless I'm missinterpreting "this rule keeps engine builders busy" by meaning there are lots of cheated crates in the Ne Smith series. Which case this thread is about IMCA and they all have to have the IMCA cables plus the factory bolt seals.

This is one solution Ne smith has to check and balance and there are more then one shop to fix a crate and seal then

The rules are I80 says you can run a Sealed motor with a $4000 clam< i can buy a fresh 604 New rings pistons and bearing $2500 $ 100 shipng no tax Ne Smith seal on it Imca is not cost effective conpard to Ne Smith

Jeff had a great run this weekend at Beatrice Speedway on Friday and Saturday. It was also very interesting to see Johnny "JET" Saathoff running a crate and having his best weekend of the year winning both the Friday and Saturday shows against very good competition. At the big specials were the track gets slick I don't see how IMCA guys cannot run a crate engine. It simply makes the most sense when you cannot put down the extra horsepower from the open motors.

From what I hear the IMCA fall nationals in hays ks was dominated by crates anyone have any factual info on this?

That's the truth, it was crazy slick all weekend, minus a little rubbering up in features. Top 4 all crates, and all Rage Chassis, which is impressive in itself.

Top 3 at $5000 to win show in Salina, KS the weekend before were crates as well, same track conditions.

Any mid pack low budget teams dominating with the crate? Or is it all the same teams that would be up front with any set of rules finishing top 5?

At Beatrice special Friday
    Modified
    1) 96j Johnny Saathoff
    2) 95 Dylan Smith
    3) 99 Jesse Sobbing
    4) 30 Jordan Grabouski
    5) 66 Jeff Joldersma
    6) 43 Brian Foote
    7) 4tw Tim Ward
    8) 62 Hunter Marriott
    9) 00c Chris Mills
    10) 1x Chris Abelson

Saturday at Beatrice

Modified
    1) 96j Johnny Saathoff
    2) 30 Jordan Grabouski
    3) 1x Chris Abelson
    4) 3 Chris Alcorn
    5) 62 Hunter Marriott
    6) 95 Dylan Smith
    7) 66 Jeff Joldersma
    8) 8c Chad Anderson
    9) 00c Chris Mills
    10) 4tw Tim Ward

Salina 5000 to win special

Modified
    1) 30 Jordan Grabouski
    2) 99 Jesse Sobbing
    3) 44 Jason Schueller
    4) 24 Corey Lagroon
    5) 2 Joe Cleveland
    6) 14m Danny Morrison, Jr.
    7) b6 Brian Knoell
    8) 66 Jeff Joldersma
    9) 97m David Murray
    10) 81 Mike Densberger

Is Jordan running a crate? How bout Murray and Densberger?

The picture I saw in the Hawkeye showed Jordan with a crate. Don't know about the other two.

yes, no, yes

Its almost time for vegas, any one heard any new rumors?

Sorry guys I havent really paid much attention to this thread lately. I will bet that a crate will win the Duel in the Desert, but what do I know. I was the guy that said that a crate would never win at Boone and of course I am eating my words there. There have been some rumors rolling around about some possible rule changes so it wouldnt surprise me if the Duel in the Desert is another chance for them to look into what they will be able to do. I guess by the end of November; we should know what rule changes will be in place.

Hopefully they will allow all mods to run with a spoiler. Maybe make it a little smaller for the open motors.

Smaller? If anything, make it 4" or 5". Gotta do something to even the playing field. Crates are dominating right now. Maybe crates add 50#'s front of midplate,,, eliminate the spoiler and add 25#'s to front.. Not sure what the answer is but they have to change some rules. I do not want to buy a crate. Unfortunately, like many have already found out, you have to in order to be competitive. Its not an OPTION at this point, which is why they brought the crate in to begin with,, as an option. Hopefully ROOT realizes that the good intentions of IMCA at this point, have failed.. Hopefully ROOT and IMCA can swallow their pride and change some rules and even up the playing field.

There will be no major changes for 2014 other then some things that once were a #2 infraction in the rule book (deficiency slip) will now be a dq. If you have a 2013 book, you can build your cars off of that according to Bretts recent news letter and be good to go as far as the major things are concerned, Thanks, Sean Walker IMCA IMS tech.

How many big shows were won with open motors Jeff? How many were won with a crate?

Weekly shows are easier to compete with an open motor at 3/8 and smaller tracks. 1/2 mile and bigger you better have a crate or you're just fighting an uphill battle. That battle can be won but it would sure be a lot easier if you had a crate.

That is ture. However those guys are not switching to crates due to the cheaper cost. They are switching because with the current rules the crate is faster on larger tracks as well as smaller tracks in slick conditions.

They aren't stupid. The guys with unlimited funds have a car set up with each engine and pick which one they want to run based on the track and expected track condition.

Instead of everybody complaining about this 604 crate why don't you have your engine built to match the crate performance wise and yes an open engine could be built for 5500 and have the same reliability. Keep a bunch of gear out of the car like the crates are it maybe isnt necesarry to run over 7000 and dont build an engine with big cubes the crate has proven you can only hook up 450 hp anyway so why build an engine with 600? Don't use lightweight parts or a camshaft with a 106 or tighter lobe seperation engines built this way with restricted tires will spin them very easy in the slick. Go with a camshaft that has a 110 or 112 lobe seperation (as this will produce very broad and driveable torque) and duration that isnt over 240 or 250 @.050 a Keep compression to 11:1 or less as good power can still be made at this compression and still have reliability without spending a lot of money on the bottom end. An engine can be built to match the crate if GM can builld them so can a professional engine builder point blank.