Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

I see on facebook iowa whowonracing imca mr root needs to look at my post on here abuot ne smith and how thay run crates

I'm surprised stock car driver has not had the last word on this trend

Thanks for reading

The 2014 IMCA Mod rules are posted. Crates now get a 2" spoiler, not 3".
    Crewchief #21 Modified Hansen Motorsports 2014 GRT by Phillips IMCA Modified

I wonder what they consider to be "sleeve type spacers".

I've never seen one but I'm guessing it's a spacer that you can remove and install different bore sizes to adjust restriction. If they don't want adjustable they should just put in the rules "solid, 1 piece"

Default Rules

Whats everyones thoughts on the 2 inch vrs 3 inch spoiler? is it enough to even them out? I dont think it will.

Thanks S.C.D. and MM90. I'd never seen one of those used on a modified. Me savvy now.
    Last edited by 50j; 12-04-2013 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CHRISTINE View Post
    Whats everyones thoughts on the 2 inch vrs 3 inch spoiler? is it enough to even them out? I dont think it will.
    The places the crate is dominate it will not be enough. But the places where they were barely winning they probably wont be winning now. Open motor guys, pray to the rain gods this year let mother nature be the equalizer! I predict next year the duel will have all crates not a single open motor makes the big dance.

It will make the crates faster on tacky tracks. We will only get blown away by the good opens now not everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    The places the crate is dominate it will not be enough. But the places where they were barely winning they probably wont be winning now. Open motor guys, pray to the rain gods this year let mother nature be the equalizer! I predict next year the duel will have all crates not a single open motor makes the big dance.
    Where was it dominant at?

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Where was it dominant at?
    I dont know you are the crate king you tell me. Even if i did provide a track you would say i was wrong. Jeremy payne said all i needed to hear on his interview on dirtcast, he wasnt going to the duel without a crate.

We didnt have a single crate running at the IMCA track local to me, but it was a "transition" year for them going to IMCA. Everyone still had reverse mounts pumps and starters, schraeder valve shocks. Guy x is already talking about the 16k crate he is going to buy. IMCA should consider a crate claim to keep guys somewhat honest.

Jeff,This should be a benefit for the crates on the tacky tracks, I don't think it will hurt the crates much on the slick either.

Default Rules

I think it will make the crate have more straight away speed if you think about it all the crate cars are taking rear out to free them up now with less spoiler they dont have to. I know i have a crate allready for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    I dont know you are the crate king you tell me. Even if i did provide a track you would say i was wrong. Jeremy payne said all i needed to hear on his interview on dirtcast, he wasnt going to the duel without a crate.

We didnt have a single crate running at the IMCA track local to me, but it was a "transition" year for them going to IMCA. Everyone still had reverse mounts pumps and starters, schraeder valve shocks. Guy x is already talking about the 16k crate he is going to buy. IMCA should consider a crate claim to keep guys somewhat honest.
    So you have no idea of ANY tracks where the crate dominated but posted anyways? Makes sense to me........

I think it will make the crate have more straight away speed if you think about it all the crate cars are taking rear out to free them up now with less spoiler they dont have to. I know i have a crate allready for next year.
    Was there a rule stating that you MUST run a 3 in spoiler at all times with the crate?

Default Rules

LOL i dont think so never thought of that i think people seen spoiler so they put them on. so i geuss they could of just took them off. Wonder how much deffiernce that would be?

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    So you have no idea of ANY tracks where the crate dominated but posted anyways? Makes sense to me........
    I will play, Just for you Jeff.

The duel was a prime example. All the end of the year specials you listed off back 4-5pages were won by crates.
    Last edited by powerslide; 12-04-2013 at 11:05 AM.

I-80 was dominated by Crates this year. Berck was the only Open engine to win all year and he won twice. And I think if I remeber right, a 2bbl won once.

I80 isn't imca they let opened up crates race there. That place is completely irrelevant.

Duel? That's one race. Where have crates dominated weekly?