Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

I have bought sold and traded for all my stuff, build all my own motors that I am not scared to put 40 shows on without a rebuilding between. Vary rarely do I just have $5400 all at one time and I don't think the average racer does either and I Think it is stupid to drop $5400 on a freaking dump truck motor that has less horsepower than my tow rig and pay someone else to rebuild it for me.

You should keep doing what you're doing then.

50j I only have the one carb my motors are built for it so u just posted my point not every carb that every one has will work on the crate so you will have to go buy another. I have run my home grown stuff with the stoa and big name motors and my stuff pulls most of them and beat them on a regular basis this year.

Default yep

Quote Originally Posted by imca43 View Post
    50j I only have the one carb my motors are built for it so u just posted my point not every carb that every one has will work on the crate so you will have to go buy another. I have run my home grown stuff with the stoa and big name motors and my stuff pulls most of them and beat them on a regular basis this year.
    Most people agree with you 100%. Cheapest your gonna get away with is $7k. Im like you, do all my own stuff and do not think you need to spend that much $$$. I will hang up the shoes after 25 years if I need to buy a crate to be competitive. Cant wait to see what changes they are making. Anxiously awaiting.

If you build open motors to work with a carb that's pretty much the opposite of what everyone else does. You should probably do what you're doing, and people running crates should get the right parts. The parts argument is silly, you need the stuff either way. The crate motors are close enough to use the same bolt on parts over and over though.

It is hard to believe that a 3" spoiler makes that much difference. Do they still have to run the tail panel? Less power and slower straightaway speed will allow you to bury a car deeper into the corner.

The parts argument is definitely not silly. The point that people are making is that they already have headers and a carb. However, in order to get the most out of your crate, you need the dyno tuned carb that is built specifically for a crate and the crate tuned headers as well. That way you are on the same playing field as those who have done so. The market is flooded with good carbs for sale so unless you want to give your carb away, your probably gonna keep it. So $1200 for new carb, don't forget the spacer and smaller tuned headers.. Now what are you at for $$??

Quote Originally Posted by mod88s View Post
    The parts argument is definitely not silly. The point that people are making is that they already have headers and a carb. However, in order to get the most out of your crate, you need the dyno tuned carb that is built specifically for a crate and the crate tuned headers as well. That way you are on the same playing field as those who have done so. The market is flooded with good carbs for sale so unless you want to give your carb away, your probably gonna keep it. So $1200 for new carb, don't forget the spacer and smaller tuned headers.. Now what are you at for $$??
    First off, I'm not arguing against open motors at all just the thought process behind the complaining. To keep it realistic, the well funded teams will dyno a motor and leave it intact from carb to pan with the distributor and everything on it. If one set of headers is better with that motor they get used with it. To get the most out of your open motor, and to stay on the playing field with those that have, you would probably need to do that. Now what are you at for $$?? If you don't have a carb and need to get one for the motor, what's a new braswell carb cost? Are you willing to buy one used from someone and hope it's good? With either motor there will be people that buy nice parts and people that don't. The people that win are "cheating". That's racing.

Carb spacer and headers won't change anything on the crate vs open issues. I sure hope they change something regarding the spoiler.

Maybe they could put a restrictor plate on the open motors so that power is similar to the crate, then take the spoiler off.

Why not take a bunch of timing out of an open motor? If you are at 36* now, try 30*. Would like answers as to why this wouldn't work

WOAH, watch out everyone. SCD, the protege of all past stock car drivers and now modified drivers acted as if he was not god. Yet for the remainder of this thread; he will act as if he is. The drivers I failed to name, but will do so now include: Randy Havlik, Todd Shute, Jimmy Gustin, Kyle Strickler, Jake Durbin, Beau Kaplan, Jake Murray, and who I failed to announce was I believe Josh Gilman and Billy Davis JR. When the tracks you run at like Harlan and Stuart have that kind of a lineup on a weekly basis, we can talk about car counts. Oh by the way, I have 0 wins as I do not race, but am instead the right hand man of the driver. You know like a Chad Knaus. Although we know you will discredit that because, as you have said in the past, the crew guys dont know anything and could never do anything that the driver, or GOD(you), could ever do. Although I have failed to introduce myself to you at any point, my bad, I have one issue with you and that is the fact that you seem to think that you are always right. You will argue that the sky is red until your final breath just so you do not have to admit you are wrong. You were the same way on whowon and it carried over. Shocker. We will meet up one of these days and I am sure we will be cordial, but until that day everyone disagreeing with you is retarded mainly myself.

IMCA43, yes a braswell will work. We loaned out one of our spare braswells to a guy in a crate who bought the latest and greatest crate card which ended up being junk. He used it for a month or so until he could get one for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwin' it in View Post
    WOAH, watch out everyone. SCD, the protege of all past stock car drivers and now modified drivers acted as if he was not god. Yet for the remainder of this thread; he will act as if he is. The drivers I failed to name, but will do so now include: Randy Havlik, Todd Shute, Jimmy Gustin, Kyle Strickler, Jake Durbin, Beau Kaplan, Jake Murray, and who I failed to announce was I believe Josh Gilman and Billy Davis JR. When the tracks you run at like Harlan and Stuart have that kind of a lineup on a weekly basis, we can talk about car counts. Oh by the way, I have 0 wins as I do not race, but am instead the right hand man of the driver. You know like a Chad Knaus. Although we know you will discredit that because, as you have said in the past, the crew guys dont know anything and could never do anything that the driver, or GOD(you), could ever do. Although I have failed to introduce myself to you at any point, my bad, I have one issue with you and that is the fact that you seem to think that you are always right. You will argue that the sky is red until your final breath just so you do not have to admit you are wrong. You were the same way on whowon and it carried over. Shocker. We will meet up one of these days and I am sure we will be cordial, but until that day everyone disagreeing with you is retarded mainly myself.

IMCA43, yes a braswell will work. We loaned out one of our spare braswells to a guy in a crate who bought the latest and greatest crate card which ended up being junk. He used it for a month or so until he could get one for himself.
    U r chad knaus, lol. that's up there with some of dynomans posts!

Why the new user name?

What have I been wrong about?
    Last edited by stock car driver; 11-13-2013 at 08:27 AM.

Hear is a youtube link of 2 cars the 70 and 43 with 2bbl and 3 inch spoiler at i80 it seems to be more competitive with crate motor http://youtu.be/G_lrWILr-ng

Quote Originally Posted by lov2race View Post
    Hear is a youtube link of 2 cars the 70 and 43 with 2bbl and 3 inch spoiler at i80 it seems to be more competitive with crate motor http://youtu.be/G_lrWILr-ng
    ALL the open motors had a 1.5 spoiler that weekend.

NO 2bbl got 3inch spoiler

I am not stating that I am Chad Knaus myself, I just didnt think that you were a big Napcar guy so I thought would maybe be the only person that sounded familiar.

I created this one first and than made the other one. Well, than I decided to switch back to this one.

We will find out real soon wont we.

NO 2bbl got 3inch spoiler
    ALL open motors had a 1.5 inch spoiler at that race.

2 barrel and crate ran 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwin' it in View Post
    I am not stating that I am Chad Knaus myself, I just didnt think that you were a big Napcar guy so I thought would maybe be the only person that sounded familiar.

I created this one first and than made the other one. Well, than I decided to switch back to this one.

We will find out real soon wont we.

Hey chad knaus of po dunk Iowa.

Find out what real soon? What I was wrong about?

According to your long winded posts I think Im god and am wrong all the time and wont admit it... What have I been wrong about to make you post that?

hear are the rules as i coped . and the 2bbl and 3 inch spoiler seems to help this guys

Questions and slight rule changes for Cornhusker Classic as of 10/10 to clarify the rules

Amods:

1) Adams County Speedway 2 barrell motor rule will be legal. Same 3¡È spoiler and same 2450 lbs. weight rule as the 604 crate. Must use hoosier tires.

2) Open Motors allowed to have a 1 1/2 inch spoiler. All other rules the same for open motors.

hear are the rules as i coped . and the 2bbl and 3 inch spoiler seems to help this guys

Questions and slight rule changes for Cornhusker Classic as of 10/10 to clarify the rules

Amods:

1) Adams County Speedway 2 barrell motor rule will be legal. Same 3¡È spoiler and same 2450 lbs. weight rule as the 604 crate. Must use hoosier tires.

2) Open Motors allowed to have a 1 1/2 inch spoiler. All other rules the same for open motors.
    I know the rules I raced there all 3 days.