Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Crates have a roller cam with a profile that cant be mach with a flat tappet, aluman head lighter runs cooler . gives you rear % but thats not about the moter its about the raer spoler that is the advang and light car rear %

THE BIG probelm will be cheting and will come to a head the end of next year or 2015

my opinion only thanks for reading

Is there anyone building a crate specific mod, it appears some late models are being built strictly for the crate engine. Thanks

Someone told me there was a crate specific mod already being built and I was just wondering if anyone else had heard or seen it. The one that told me about it, has seen it run and said it was very impressive. Thanks
    Last edited by washeduptoo; 11-03-2013 at 07:44 AM.

my opinion only thanks for reading
    Whats your car number?

I have a 22 gallon cell, battery by transmission and 35 lbs a few inches behind my distributor. I still cant get the rear wt down low enough.

Im hoping to get a new chassis built in jan with big tubing front end to further reduce rear. 440 hp doesn't need the 59 rear my car had.
    Last edited by lov2race; 11-03-2013 at 08:53 AM.

IMCA Modified #66 You need a shorter wheel base car and lighter one but i call bs your car should be with that setup be about 55% no more thin 56% with 15 gal of fuel you must have heavy car or a fat guy With all do respect

Quote Originally Posted by dukesracin View Post
    Well said.......this class is doomed to price out weekly racers just like the Supers. Another thing is when I was a kid a Late model was a camaro all modified out with big tires......now late model is a sophisticated machine costing hundreds of thousands of dollars. The modifieds I watched early on were pieced together from junkyard cars and parts, the motors were hopped up stockers, the tires were hard, and the racing was good....every week! Just like NASCAR should do.......dirt racing sanction bodies should put the stock back into stock car racing at local dirt tracks!
    This guy has got it right. With $8000.00 engines all you are doing is rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Way too expensive to be competitive week in and week out for the average schmo.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Just my opinion and observation but I see imca wanting to keep the crate more competitive because it lowers the cost of racing. There trying to keep it affordable for the average weekend racer without major money backing or engine sponsors to come and have a chance at winning and I feel the 6k crate is doing this. Its beating 10k + motors at some races!

question for Jeff guys winning with crate how many shows do they run them before they put new one in . 5500. is cost affective if the same motor will win all season . who is winning with same motor

Know 1 guy that runs a crate. When he added in the "special carb, fuel pump and headers" that you need to get the most out of it like the big name drivers are doing , it now becomes real close to a $8000.00 motor. JMO

in late models round here,..a new crate will last all season,..lot getting 2 seasons,...know one ol boy thats on his 4th season with a 602,...most have found that e-85 is the best way to go with them...
    white trash motorsports

SCD. If you look in the Nov. issue of Dirt Mod. Mag on page 32 you will see Willy's Carb ad for their carb, reg and fuel pump package that they say adds 40 hp and maximizes the power out of a crate. Haven't found ad for headers yet. As you said guys running what they had before works but are they getting the most out of their crate. I don't know that answer.Just passing on some info. As always this is JMO.

I ran a 604 on gas in a late model a few yrs ago, we were on a 6200 chip, but mine had 80 nites on it before it was freshened. (that was legal back then)

Curt Drake
    #55x

Quote Originally Posted by oldtrackchamp4x View Post
    SCD. If you look in the Nov. issue of Dirt Mod. Mag on page 32 you will see Willy's Carb ad for their carb, reg and fuel pump package that they say adds 40 hp and maximizes the power out of a crate. Haven't found ad for headers yet. As you said guys running what they had before works but are they getting the most out of their crate. I don't know that answer.Just passing on some info. As always this is JMO.
    There are adds out there saying fluidampners add power too! lol..

wtf posting quoting a ADD in a magazine, talk about wasting peoples time

WTF no one is as smart as the not quite yet famous SCD. I throw something out there that you don't agree with and you do as you always do, run people down. I hope you don't
    have kids, as being around you they will be in for a bad upbringing. In closing go f u c k yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtrackchamp4x View Post
    WTF no one is as smart as the not quite yet famous SCD. I throw something out there that you don't agree with and you do as you always do, run people down. I hope you don't
    have kids, as being around you they will be in for a bad upbringing. In closing go f u c k yourself.
    Seems like your the one attempting the run down and insults to me, you been drinking tonight?

Scroll up and read what you posted.

My reply to you has nothing to do with disagreeing with you, I agreed with ya. The crate cost me over 20k cus I had to buy a modified to put it in..

Your posts speak for themselves, cant say Ive ever seen someone quote a ADVERTISEMENT.

Did you buy the flowbee, to cut your hair cus the info mercial said you could hook it to your vacumn and do it yourself!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3G1cwqYkO4

First we NEED a special carb headers fuel pump.. cus the 1 guy you know...bla bla bla... then you READ it in a magazine add. lol, I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. Thanks for the laughs seriously you made my day!
    Last edited by stock car driver; 11-05-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Jeff - your rear weight issue probably has more to do with the location of the fuel cell and battery then anything else. Also if you have too much rear then why not move that ballast from the transmission area up to right behind the radiator on the left or right top tube?

If the crate is of no advantage like you keep implying then I tell you what I've got a deal of a lifetime for you. I will trade you my claim motor for you crate. Straight across. I'll have it fresh and ready to go for you. The cylinder heads on it cost more than your entire engine cost...

My uncle still cuts his own hair with his Flowbee

Did any/how many open motors qualified for the duel of the desert A-main??

I read somewhere that only 2 did. Paul Stone was one, can't remember the other name mentioned.

From what i saw watching the race on xsan i could see crate sticker on top four for sure and looked like 5th also had crate sticker when they were lined up at flagstand after the race .JMO

Crate definatly won the duel not sure about the numbers of crates that qualified though.