Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

I may be crazy but in one weekend we talked with guys running Harris, Victory, Shaw, and Dirtboss cars and they are all seeing the same things. I only travel to a few tracks on a consistent basis but I dont have to go everywhere to hear feedback from other people in other areas and other tracks. SCD, have you looked at the results from Stuart. Going back to last weekend I see the top three in crates the rest of the drivers have as many wins in the last five years as I have fingers so telling me that the track surface there makes a difference is a mute point. I will believe you on the Osky scenario although I have never seen that track heavy but I have only been there 4 or 5 times.

I know for us, we dont want to sell out Stoa. After Friday at DSM, we were really contemplating it but after thinking about it some more but we are going to continue to try and see what we can do with this open motor to prove IMCA wrong.

After competing with the crate engines, to me the HP/TQ the crate makes is a non issue. It's the 100# off the nose and the 3" spoiler where they get their advantage. I would like to see IMCA make them add 50# in front of the midplate. If IMCA doesn't change anything next year I will run NASCAR and bolt a 500cfm holley on my mod when the track slicks off with a 5" spoiler. Of course I will always be at a disadvantage with my heavy Ford engines balance wise when I have to add 50# of lead on the rear of the car to get 56% rear and tip the scales at 2600# after a race. The tires I don't know if there is an issue or not, I did have a RR chunk out on me and was kinda confused why because the track wasn't overly dry or tacky.

racewise.net can help next year

- TAKE THE TEST -

Test Your Knowledge...

1. Softening the right front spring helps the racecar to turn when on the gas because the softer
    spring causes extra chassis roll that increases the load and traction of the right front tire.

a.) True b.) False c.) Not Sure

2. A tall coil spring helps to keep the chassis from lifting off the spring during weight transfer
    because a tall spring stores more energy than a short spring.

3. The most important factor in the geometry of a front suspension is the location of the
    suspension’s roll center.

4. It makes no difference to handling as to how a non-coil over front spring is installed into a lower
    control arm as long as the spring is centered in its seat.

5. Loose handling off the corner is usually due to improper chassis setup when the throttle is
    applied.

6. Don’t ever increase stagger or right rear tire trail when racing on a slick track.

7. A stiffer shock helps to load and unload a tire quicker than a softer shock.

8. Place ballast wherever convenient as long as the desired weight percentages are attained.

9. The location of a shock or spring is not nearly as important as its rate.

10. All suspension components should be mounted using stiff or solid type bushings.

11. The RF tire gains negative camber when the chassis rolls.

12. Most dirt track front suspensions need from 3 to 4 degrees negative camber in the right front tire and 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 degrees positive camber in the left front tire.

I will say a couple of you guys are 100% correct about one thing, The tires have changed. There is more recycled plastic in them. This is why the tire testing lab we use had a delay on testing some tires for us because they had to wait for the new tire formulas. This is NOT any doing from IMCA though so thats a misconception

Don't underestimate that nose weight difference. Big advantage. What about 8.2 deck ford stuff? Anyone trying to run one?
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Quote Originally Posted by let-r-eat View Post
    Don't underestimate that nose weight difference. Big advantage. What about 8.2 deck ford stuff? Anyone trying to run one?
    347 would be ideal except for the 7800 chip rule, those engines need to turn 8000 plus. And the other downfall would be to make a stock 302 block strong enough to be durable since they are only good to 500HP before they split in half. Aftermarket blocks are heavy even in the 302 version.

Please Litey this is your chance to show us how smartt of a college boyz you are. Lets see how many you get correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    - TAKE THE TEST -

Test Your Knowledge...

1. Softening the right front spring helps the racecar to turn when on the gas because the softer
    spring causes extra chassis roll that increases the load and traction of the right front tire.

2. A tall coil spring helps to keep the chassis from lifting off the spring during weight transfer
    because a tall spring stores more energy than a short spring.

3. The most important factor in the geometry of a front suspension is the location of the
    suspension’s roll center.

4. It makes no difference to handling as to how a non-coil over front spring is installed into a lower
    control arm as long as the spring is centered in its seat.

5. Loose handling off the corner is usually due to improper chassis setup when the throttle is
    applied.

6. Don’t ever increase stagger or right rear tire trail when racing on a slick track.

7. A stiffer shock helps to load and unload a tire quicker than a softer shock.

8. Place ballast wherever convenient as long as the desired weight percentages are attained.

9. The location of a shock or spring is not nearly as important as its rate.

10. All suspension components should be mounted using stiff or solid type bushings.

11. The RF tire gains negative camber when the chassis rolls.

12. Most dirt track front suspensions need from 3 to 4 degrees negative camber in the right front tire and 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 degrees positive camber in the left front tire.

Im going to just call it how i see it. Every one has crated this animal. To much money in the motors just clam that is why its there

IMCA27mod, couldnt agree more, BUT IMCA has changed the claim rule. In the claim procedures it now states that a claiming driver must have attended ALL events to claim. So if you miss a night then you are not eligible to claim.

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    Please Litey this is your chance to show us how smartt of a college boyz you are. Lets see how many you get correct.
    ah see that's where your wrong I know the answers its up to you to find out student

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    ah see that's where your wrong I know the answers its up to you to find out student
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxv2C5fplX8

Go back to the late model gossip section

Its on the interenet lol come on use some brain cells

Quote Originally Posted by big.ed View Post
    Its on the interenet lol come on use some brain cells
    litey's alter ego is back...

still can't get the answers it all bush league come on you can do it it might turn your program around
    Last edited by big.ed; 07-16-2013 at 11:46 PM.

still can't get the answers it all bush league come on you can do it it might turn your program around
    .Hey Fred how are these changes and knowledge working on your mod ? We are all assuming your car is up front weekly right ?
    With all the BS you type on this board your car must be at least top three every week

Default Where did you go LITE-INN-BigEd??

What? No comment jacka$$? LITE-INN "I don't own a racecar. I never have. I have never raced anything but I know more about racing and about UMP than ANYONE else on this board, and if you don't like it that's just too bad." Unreal!
    out where the wind ALWAYS blows!

At least most of the guys here HAVE a racing program. The only program you have is to run your mouth and stir the sh!t.
    out where the wind ALWAYS blows!

Quote Originally Posted by brownIdriller View Post
    At least most of the guys here HAVE a racing program. The only program you have is to run your mouth and stir the sh!t.
    come on RACERS LMAO answers how can a fan know all the answers but you big bad racers don't know it its general knowledge