Default starter turns over slow

starter was turning over slow -put brand new one in -still turns over slow-put new battery in -still turns over slow any suggestions would be well appreciated thanks in advance! ps did check all connection for looseness

Make sure you have a good ground, to check use a set of jumper cables and run from the negative on the battery to the engine block, bad grounds can do that

would a 16 volt battery be a good investment?
    running an imca latemodel???

Should not have to go 16v. Check voltage at battery and then at starter, and compare should not be much of a difference in the voltage reading. If there is a difference change cable. With power off you can also check resistance in the circuit.....bet you find the
    the issue .

If the cable is bad insure the next one buy is big enough. I use welding ground cable and solder my own ends on. Cheap and plenty big.

I agree with rusty. Think about all the bits that are common, and still in place after the battery change, and the starter change. That will be where the problem lies.

Check timing and under distributor cap. Also a bad batter cable can do it from positive to solenoid.