Default willys/jdr/vdl/Wagner 4412

Has anyone dyno any of these against each other? Which one is the best? Best bang for the buck? Or is there a better one out there? Must be Imca legal

i just got my vdl back from being converted back to being imca legal (had thin shafts/blades for usra) i will be comparing it against my jdr in the next week or 2. my vdl was always 10hp better than the jdr. we'll see if it can keep up with the latest updates.

Has the JDR been updated too?

Check out Total Custom Carbs from Louisiana. I know Keith white and a lot of Imca guys use them.

Be careful with what you get. Some of them won't pass a booster height gauge so if you get checked for it you may want to ask before you buy.

VDL is what we ran, Gauge legal top to bottom and made more HP on the Dyno than everything we tested.
    2012 UMP Stock Car National Champions.
    2013 UMP Modified Rookie of the Year
    2014 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Fairbury American Legion Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 UMP Modified, Northen IL Regional Champion
    2018 UMP Modified, #2 National Points Standings
    Like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/McKinneyMotorsports

Quote Originally Posted by 50j View Post
    Has the JDR been updated too?
    the jdr has the latest and greatest according to john. it runs very well.

You might want to make sure that it has the new updates if it's been more than a couple of months. Things change all the time.

I ran a VDL 500 for 2 season, carb worked very well, However everytime i would call for some tech advice i was treated like i was an idiot, this year the rules switched to 4bl carbs, I had a BG silver claw sitting on the shelf for about 10 years that i sent off to john over at JDR. He has always taken his time with me and tried his best to dumb things down for me to understand. I even put his name on my car to show my appreciation. Honestly i dont care if i can get 5 more horse power out of a VDL. JDR has my respect and my loyalty for now on.

I've seen the JDR 4412 make more power and run a lot better when you pick the throttle up. I would say to dyno them and see what you see on your motor, and then run them.

Finished on the dyno last night. The JDR and the VDL both ran well. They were within 1hp of each other. Both had good fuel curves and both ended up with 73's for jets. Only change needed to both carbs was a power valve change to cure the rich condition above 6500rpm. JDR has some updates that claim a few more hp so i'll be sending that to get updated and get it back on the dyno this fall.

will it pass the gauge test if so call me at 717-659-3540

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar5 View Post
    Finished on the dyno last night. The JDR and the VDL both ran well. They were within 1hp of each other. Both had good fuel curves and both ended up with 73's for jets. Only change needed to both carbs was a power valve change to cure the rich condition above 6500rpm. JDR has some updates that claim a few more hp so i'll be sending that to get updated and get it back on the dyno this fall.

What power valve did you end up with? Can I/we get some engine specs? If not I understand just thought I'd ask.
    Thanks

We ended up with a 2.5. The motor never got to 3.5 inches of vacuum so the PV never closed. When we switched from the 3.5 to the 2.5 it picked up 10hp from 6500 on up.

motor is an imca 360 spec engine 10.5 to 1 355.

Jdr is awesome ,one of the best most knowledgable guys around!!