Default Bilstein SZ shock question

To everyone running these shocks, do you seem to be experiencing a little more bouncing in your car than usual? I have been running these shocks for two years, and the new set I put on this year seem to have my car bouncing around. Checked all of them and they are all testing like they are new. Just wondering...
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

Increase your compression or spring rate. It's not the shocks that are bad it's your base set-up.

Dunno about dirt but in asphalt there is a new trick of running the really good Ohlins piston on a reworked Bilstein Shaft and stuffing it in the Bilstein body. The piston creates a ton of bite

Quote Originally Posted by ToddSmith16 View Post
    Increase your compression or spring rate. It's not the shocks that are bad it's your base set-up.
    All my set up specs and springs and shocks are exactly as I have been told by very reliable people. I will not say the names on this thread, but I can pm you if you don't believe me. But anyways, its not an uncontrollable bounce, just watching videos from previous years I have noticed it is just a little jumpier at times.
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

Quit carrying those mexican jumping beans in your race suit,,dummy,,,,,LOL
    We build fast race cars,,not race cars fast!

Well I know your source...and different set-ups are for different drivers and their styles! His set-up is for well experienced drivers...fyi! I don't think I could be that good as he is with his set-up! It sure is different than most and not to many drivers are on it! I can't go over 240lbs of bite then at that point it doesn't fit my driving style. To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    if you have bounce its because you cant control the rebound of the spring. something like a 6040 rf would be a good starting point.

I have 8050 8040 80.20 for my most common rf shock.

rr are either 4040 pr 5030 6040
    Those are some of the shocks I have tried. Some helped a little and some made it worse. I am going to retest my shocks, rate my springs, and rescale and go from there. Thanks for the input though! I might retry some of those if my plans don't find anything!

And Todd, I figured if I want to be good in a street stock someday I had at least learn with what the frontrunners have, and it fits my style as well! These dang cars are so much more different than the sportsman/b mods I ran before this car lol
    Last edited by 72Dubya; 07-24-2013 at 11:08 PM.
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car