Default Alky carb won't idle

Have a willys 750 alky carb it runs great on the track but will not idle.any ideas what I could be

Air bleeds not adjusted or idle screw not set right. Start there.
    My sarcasm is a pre-emptive strike to your stupidity!!

What happens when you put your hand over the carb and hand choke it? Will it idle then?
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

turn the idel screws out on the metering blocks 11/4 turns and see if itll light off without touching the throtle
    jared flower

May have to back idle screws out even more than 2turns

What is your fuel pressure at idle? My guess is too high.

Does it not idle at all like you shut it off but if you just barely hold the throttle open it runs fine have you replaced a base plate, gasket, or main body since you had it running properly if so check them mainly the base plate gasket there are two different gaskets with the right size venturi holes that can go on there the difference is where the idle air ports come thru it if you used the wrong one they wont line up making the idle air ports compltely shut off and it wont idle at all most racing carbs use the one where it goes straight across from one side to the other with the emulsion jet circuit holes all inline if you used the one where the emulsion jet hole is where it is suppose to be and the idle air holes are slightly in towards the center of the carb there is your problem and that could be the case also if you changed main bodies or base plate also hope this helps if you have any questions shot me a text or call 219-789-6456 good luck Steve

I can probably explain it on the phone better than the message made it sound