Thread: KC/Atomic Sold

Default KC/Atomic Sold

2535 Blain Hwy Waverly Ohio

The Atomic Speedway Returns,
    New Owner says ”Let’s Race”
    Two years of rumors, speculation and heartbreak came to an end today as Brad McCown became the proud owner of 2535 Blain Highway, Waverly, Ohio, also known as K-C Raceway and in the beginning and even more recently as The Atomic Speedway. McCown who has been the successful owner and promoter at Jackson County Speedway for the last three years. McCown actually started his racing career at K-C Raceway and even before that was a fan when it was known as The Atomic Speedway. McCown stated that when I started getting serious about this all that I heard was that people wanted to see Sprint cars and we had to call it the Atomic once again. Well we are going to give them both he stated recently. McCown believes that if you give them a good show at a fair price the racers and fans will come, and that is what we plan to do.
    Sprint Cars, Late Models, Street Stocks, Modifieds and Sport Mods will be the primary classes on the famed high banks. The current plan is to run a few races yet this year and a lot of the decisions for scheduling will be based on car count and fan attendance thus putting the decision on classes to those who buy the tickets.
    While running the show at Jackson County Speedway Brad has been putting together a team in preparation for this move that includes Bevins concessions who will be taking care of all your food and snack needs at both concession stands with their amazing menu of fantastic menu treats and great Pepsi products. McCown will continue to manage race day activities while Jeremy “Jj” Linkous will be race director and Bruce Hines will be handling both the announcing duties and public relations for the track.
    While this facility is known as a car racing track McCown says he is open to other events for the 7500 seat facility that also has a bandstand in the front 15 acre parking lot.
    Look for an opening date to be posted within the next few days. We promise to keep you updated and informed as best we can because the next few weeks are going to be busy as we prepare once again to bring you “Saturday Night Excitement from The Atomic Speedway near Alma Ohio.”You can already find us on Facebook and a brand new website will be up within the next few days.

I grew up at that track. Then spent my teenage years at 35 Raceway north of Chillicothe. A lot of great racing in that area...
    Tracks visited...

New Smyrna Speedway
    Citrus County Speedway
    Auburndale Speedway
    Eastbay Raceway Park
    Orlando Speedworld
    Bubba Raceway Park
    Punta Gorda Speedway
    Volusia County Speedway