Default Fuel issues on Ford 2.3

Hey guys I recently have been experiencing fuel problems, We had a manual pump on and it never pumped any fuel. so I took the pump off and added the fuel pump shut off plate onto the side of the block, then I put a brandnew M.R. Gaskit electric fuel pump on my car right back beside the fuelcell still not getting any gas to my carborator, Also have the flow arrow pointed towards the front of the car, I have also cleaned the fuel line going thrue the car, I have no idea what is wrong, can someone please help.....

Take the fuel cell apart and make sure the tube isn't either cracked or otherwise plugged up. I had a rubber flap that closed off the cap come loose and fall into the cell once that stopped up the pickup tube.

its weird tho I can put a big fuel pump on it like off a 302 electric pump and it pumped gas out of the tank so that couldn't be the issue

bigger pump mite had more pull check pick up tube and have the pump one y doind so and make sure u feel the end pof it to see if its sucking and start taking ur hoses off ffrom the carb back til u find the problem . what fuel filter ? and it mite be pluged
    jared flower

The fuel pump needs to be mounted lower than the fuel cell. Most electric fuel pumps aren't designed to suck fuel they need to be gravity fed. I'm running a holley black fuel pump on my car and was having the same problem. I called Holley and they told me I needed a 100 micron pre filter before the pump and not more than a 40 micron filter between the pump and carb. Also 1/2 inch fuel line from tank to second filter. And wire it with a 30 amp relay. I'd give the manufacturer of the pump a call to see what they recommend. Also fuel pumps use a lot of juice so you may need an alternator. I hope this helps.