FASTRAK NE TOUR heads for Weekend double header “NIGHT OF FIRE”
(Carnesville GA) for immediate release 8/5/2013

The FASTRAK dirt late model series makes its way to Raceway 7 and Mercer Raceway Park for a weekend “double header” proudly named “the NIGHT OF FIRE” for over $18,000 in cash and prizes this weekend Friday 9th and Saturday the 10th. HVH will also provide the “tough luck” award for the event by holding a drawing after the race at the FASTRAK command center. The drawing will be either between drivers that did not make the main event or the first driver to go out of the race in the feature. The spacer is valued at $127.

The fireworks that are new with the FASTRAK NE Tour in 2013 will become the “night of fire” each night. As the teams do their FASTRAK traditional “4 wide salute to the fans” then the sky lights up as the fireworks go off in the background. You can feel the anticipation in the air as the fireworks explode into the dark, waiting on that green flag to drop.

“I’m really excited about this coming weekend” stated Dan McDonald of Raceway 7. “FASTRAK management and the teams did a great job last time they were here. Many teams said afterwards it was the smoothest ran FASTRAK NE race they had ever been in. Things have really changed in the NE region with new management and FASTRAK is up and running with new life. I can’t wait until Friday gets here to see if this race not only goes as well, but can the racing possibly be as good as it was last time. There is no doubt there was going to be a last lap pass for the lead and more than likely last turn pass, but a lap car stopped the momentum of Matt Latta driven ride of Scott Bidwell from making that challenge to Wayne Robertson of NY. It was a great race! “.

“Things have really changed and for the better since Brad, Stan, Karen and Brian have taken over” said Frank Benic of Mercer Raceway Park. “It’s a organized event, but also laid back too. I’m not sure how they pull that off, but I am seeing teams and Officials and fans laughing and having fun again. That’s very different from what we have seen before. That’s what racing at this level should be about. This weekend’s ‘night of fire’ should make things even more interesting”.

“FASTRAK is different from before. We come to put on a show for the fans” said Brian Haynes Director of Operations of FASTRAK. “Stan insists of under promising and over delivering to the fans. We ran the National event format for the TRIPLE CROWN and it provided some fantastic racing. I look forward to that happening even better this weekend”.

“FASTRAK no longer puts lap cars in front of lead lap cars as they did in years past” stated Lester. “In my opinion it does nothing but destroy race cars and for what? The guy that’s running 4 laps down doesn’t want to start on the front row. That might have been an ok format at one time, but who can afford it anymore? Not only does it tear up race cars, but really it cheats the fans that want to see a race, not who can miss the most lap cars”.

The points of the FASTRAK Dirt late model series are on www.fastrakne.com or www.fastrakracing.com