Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cheapest place to buy new 604

Looking to buy a new 604 with the new beehive springs. Does anybody know who has the best price on one

retail i believe is speedway motors, but i have also heard they kill you with shipping. i'd check your local GM dealer.

we have them at $5675 with free shipping anywhere in the US

i don't think we are the "cheapest" right now but that is the best we can do at the moment

no matter where you buy your new engine feel free to contact us for helpful hints and tips for new engines

or check our website at
    www.race-1.com

Brad

About a month or 2 ago jegs was selling them for $5059 and free shipping on gm performance crate engines.... not sure if this is still true. I also got the same price from city Chevrolet but was about $150 freight charge.

I'm afraid the $5059 days are gone----the price went up when the new engines with new valve springs were released

wish we had known we would have orderd a warehouse full of the old stuff and just swapped out springs---------------------oh well hind site is 20/20

Brad

just checked Jegs and they are exactly the same as we are $5675 and free shipping

I have had some people telling me they are getting them cheaper somewhere but not sure where

the new part # is 19318604-------if you can find some older inventory somewhere you can just add the bee hive springs and be substantially cheaper

old # 88958604 and should be $5059 or close

city chevrolet shows them at $5549 but not sure about shipping cost
    Last edited by brad hibbard; 08-13-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Default prices

Hope the new JEGS catalog is a misprint.Mine says $7511.99 for 604 on page287x. Also shows Ford crate for 994.99. they didnt proof read this page I guess.

Not sure about all that stock car----we definetely hope that the price has leveled out for a bit

i have been told that we will remain at $5675 with FREE shipping on the 604 thru year's end
    and $3149 + shipping on the 602 (I am trying to move numbers around to get that free as well)

Brad
    www.race-1.com

Is the heads on the beehive same as old heads,just springs different?

I'm moving to crate lates and have done a lot of research... The best price that I can find right now is below. Today's (1/6/2014) prices are: http://www.gmperformancemotor.com/SPCL.html GM Crate 602 $3,100 (free shipping) GM Crate 604 $5,100 (free shipping)

should i tell him are should i let brad

That has to be an old price with the old valve springs.

Heads are the same except for markings on the front from what I've read everywhere.

Lt. Stryker those prices arent valid anymore, give them a call for current pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by racinjj View Post
    Lt. Stryker those prices arent valid anymore, give them a call for current pricing.
    And don't call him Shirley.......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Gentlemen, I just called GMperformancemotor and talked to Pete (1/14/2014 at 1500 hours). They have the 8604s (the new motor with the beehive springs) in stock and are going to honor their Internet advertised price of $5,100 until their in stock supply is exhausted. They can't offer the free shipping right now but to have the motor shipped to Virginia from Wisconsin was $200 and then another $50 for lift gate services. The MSRP for the new motor is $7281.99 and Pete had no idea when they are going to raise the price. It could be today, the end of the week, or the end of the month. Call for yourself... Here's the contact information... I have no equity in this matter, and I'm not affiliated with GM or a parts distributor. I'm just trying to help out fellow racers. Contact GM Performance Motor Gandrud Parts Center 919 Auto Plaza Dr. Green Bay, Wisconsin 54302 Call 800.242.2844 Email performance@gandrud.com Hours Mon to Fri: 7:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M. Saturday: 7:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M.

I just ordered mine.... Thanks for the heads up!!!

ordered mine today, thanks a lot !!

this seems to be legit and even IF you get the older engine, your still not really out anything actually you would still be ahead
    $5100 engine
    $200 shipping
    $350 (if it didn't have the spring update)
    $5650 total

above is worse case but they say they are the new engine with the springs on them

we are at $5675 with free shipping----so like I said even if they are the old engines your still OK

all new engines need to be prepped before the initial start----please referr to the faq tab on our website for new engine "check list" (prep) recommendations-----this is a list of things we have commonly seen that need addressed on new engines
    ----- If anyone finds any issues other than what we have listed or just wants to comment on new engine prep please contact us and we will add it to our suggestions---(this how we all save money)

I am not sure how the above warehouse will survive long making those sort of mistakes but thats their business so take advantage of it while its there

Brad
    www.race-1.com
    Last edited by brad hibbard; 01-20-2014 at 08:04 AM.

Its the right one with the beehive springs and all ..... Manufacture date on mine was 10/23/13

that's awesome------take a look at our new engine check list ----our updated break-in recommendations are not up on the web sight yet but you can call or e mail me any time

Brad
    www.race-1.com