Default Friendship Speedway Finds Competitor with Illegal Tires, FASTRAK Levies Fines!!

Friendship Speedway Finds Competitor with Illegal Tires, FASTRAK Levies Fines

**FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE** August 16th, 2013 FASTRAK PR

Carnesville, Georgia) - A competitor was found with illegal tires at Friendship Speedway in Elkin NC on August 3rd. After the lab results were completed the tires “did not meet the benchmark”. Therefore the competitor will not be allowed to participate in ANY FASTRAK TOURING EVENTS or WEEKLY EVENTS. The competitor will be fined $2500 as well. Once the fine has been paid the competitor may return to competition in FASTRAK events once again.

“When the teams voted to raise the fine for this from $1000 to $2500 at the rules meeting earlier this year” said Stan Lester, “I really thought we would make it too great a deterrent to make it worthwhile, but evidently not because we have caught two teams this season already. I’m not sure what else you can do to make people believe you are serious about this offense. Cheating tires is cheating your fellow competitors. How much money was taken from those guys before getting caught?”

• Competitor is hereby fined $2500 1st offense
    • Competitor may not return to FASTRAK competition events of all types until fine has been paid
    • Once fine is paid competitor may return to competition immediately.
    • 2nd offense $5000
    • 3rd Offense $10,000

“I know people get mad as us because we fine them” said Lester. “What choice do we have? The teams entrust FASTRAK to do what’s right and enforce the rules. That’s what we do. I appreciate Friendship Speedway taking an active role in following the rules. I hope more tracks follow their example and realize that without tech, there will be no crate racing. Tracks are hurting for cars and no one wants to ban someone, but the one you ban, will bring five to replace him simply by sticking to the rules. Our rules were made and voted on by our race teams. We simply enforce them”.

“There has been some discussion about the individual not being a member so he wasn’t operating under the same rules” stated Brian Haynes of FASTRAK. “Let me put it this way. If you play in the NFL, you might not be a member, but you still operate under their rules. It’s no different here. The rules are the rules and member or not, your still at a FASTRAK weekly sanctioned track and the rule book is online for all to read and make a copy of”.

Stay tuned to www.fastrakracing.com as well as the FASTRAK Racing Series Fan Page on Facebook and/or follow @FASTRAK_Racing on Twitter to get up to the minute news and details as they become available.

FASTRAK Companies International would like to thank all of its marketing partners for their great and continuing support. Those 2013 FASTRAK Southeast/Mideast sponsors include: Hoosier Race Tires, VP Racing Fuel, City Chevrolet, Chevrolet Performance Parts, Vicci Apparel, TNT Race Cars, Rocket Chassis, High Velocity Heads and RockAuto.com to our line-up of product sponsors. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor of the Premier Pro Late Model Series in the Country please contact Stan Lester at the FASTRAK Corporate Office at (678) 935-7304 or Brian Haynes at (706) 340-4781.

Touche'. Very good, cheating has to hurt in order to disuade others from attempting it. Enforcing the rules is the only way to maintain the integrity of the series, otherwise confidence will wain and racers will begin to lose interest in playing a crooked game. Let it be completely clear, "Cheating Is Theft and those who cheat are Thieves, NOT innovators..."