Default Driveshaft help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heres the thing.. I have broken the ears off of two saginaws trans bent the driveshaft almost in half twice and also it breaks the rear gears twice... all in to weeks... i have had to different lengths driveshaft in it a 52 1/2 and a 51 anyone help a guy out... metric car stock locations trailing arms with Spherical Bushing ford 9in stock shock locations..

looks like a longer than stock yoke, it will not slide over output shaft in the trans very far.

Do the axles slide in free i broke 2 complete drivelines because of a slightly tweaked housing

Check your bellhousing to make sure it is not tweaked. A buddy broke many tranny ears and driveshafts. Kept telling him to check bellhousing. After changing it, his problems went away. Might be contributing to your issue

Three for bellhousing...
    »»*†HÀ†§ HÓ††™««

One night in qualifying I had a major driveline failure... driveshaft, bellhousing, trans case... seems the transmission bolts worked their way loose and the trans slid back about 1"...BANG!!!
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Default Something To Try

Chassis Flex

Try Urethane motor mounts and trans mount.

It's better to get thru the night than blow it up.

I know you can run up front and know it's not just Sags you have blown up.

There is no mid plate in the car.

A little forgivness in your chassis for your drive train will save some $$$$$
    and I know you can still be up front.

driver ability can overcome a little loss of torque.

J M O

i run stock rubber motor and the urethane trans mount and its a new chassis

SOME THING BETWEEN THE ENGINE AND TIRES IS TRING TO COME TO A SUDDEN STOP and the momentum of the car wont let it. first I thought the rear gear was the issue but you say you've gone threw 2 sets so on forward drive shaft weakest link of all trany the input shaft looks ok from the pic. so I would look close at the yoke if it's buttoming out that will cause the issues you've got but I would go solid on the motor mounts and keep the trany mount.if that engine is moving around in the chassis to much it will put a side load on the drive line. we even ran a home built mid plate in our ss years ago.

also double check the back lash in the geat set up once they get heat built up the gears swell up and the lash gets tighter. start with .015 lash the pinion gear is the weaker gear and usually goes first.

I had the same problem. I run brinn transmission and the 9in ring gear bolts backed out and locked up the rear end and snapped the driveshaft just like yours looks.

Are the transmissions you are running basically stock? Id you run a bunch of hike then you NEED t have the output shaft turned down where the speedo gear sits, otherwise the yoke will bottom out

From the looks of the pics, the driveshaft is binding somewhere, somehow... causing the driveshaft to buckle in the center and then rip everything else out... first thing is get a heavier duty driveshaft, especially if you are planting the horsepower. Most of the time this will fix the issue, unless you have major issues... as the others said start with a fresh bell housing, tranny and gear. Usually the heavier duty driveshaft will hold up to the abuse long enough to show you where the problem is... just because you survive one weekend dont think its fixed. After each race inspect all points on the car where binding can occur, also check welds where you might have motor mounts, tranny mounts, etc.