Default Carb spacer on 604 question

I am going to be running a few races where they do not have a rule on the type or size of spacer you are allowed to run on our 604. We have a 1" open metal spacer as well as a 2" four-hole plastic non tapered spacer.

is there anything to be gained of running one over the other?

anyone got any input?

If thats all you have to choose from then don't run the plastic spacer on a circle track engine.Heat will shrink it and the carburetor won't stay tight.A two inch super sucker is what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by perfconn View Post
    If thats all you have to choose from then don't run the plastic spacer on a circle track engine.Heat will shrink it and the carburetor won't stay tight.A two inch super sucker is what you need.
    Wrong again perfconn. HVH ss4150-604 is the one you want. Dyno proven. NOT a 2 inch open spacer.
    Now back to your regularly scheduled retirement...

Your the one thats wrong.He has no spacer rules to meet.The spacer your referring to is for crate legal rules.But go ahead with your dumb post.You have never run a 604 motor.

i have both the 2" plastic non tapered 4 hole and 1" open metal spacer. i am going to run one or the other, which should it be to get the best all around power?

Thanks for the info jeff. didnt think of it that way.

We currently run the open 1" spacer and have decided to leave it alone as its not worth paying for dyno time to run back of the pack with supers. Just tryin to gain a tenth wherever I could against those guys.

I see retirement has not been good to you perfconn. Seems your mental capacity is slipping just a bit!

We dynoed a 1 in open 2 in open and a 1 in 4 hole against the new hvh spacer 2 weeks ago on a new 604, the hvh spacer I listed won out every time. Maybe try actually dynoing stuff instead of reading magazines...you'll learn more.

Stockcar 5,
    First off you need to learn how to read.Second you need to get over the past.If you don't know the difference between a 2 inch super sucker and a 2 inch open spacer then you need to do more fake dynoing.If you don't get that head busted open you might be able to retire someday.

Quote Originally Posted by perfconn View Post
    Stockcar 5,
    First off you need to learn how to read.Second you need to get over the past.If you don't know the difference between a 2 inch super sucker and a 2 inch open spacer then you need to do more fake dynoing.If you don't get that head busted open you might be able to retire someday.
    oh so the supersucker was better than the 604 spacer huh? How much better in your testing?..lol.

How is the nursing home treating you anyway? Enjoying "retirement" with your new friends???

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar5 View Post
    oh so the supersucker was better than the 604 spacer huh? How much better in your testing?..lol.

How is the nursing home treating you anyway? Enjoying "retirement" with your new friends???
    I'm not on anyones side here but if you go re-read his original post he did suggest a 2in Super Sucker. He told the guy NOT to run the 2in open plastic spacer. Did you guys compare the 2in tapered HVH to the ss4150-604 you are saying was the best? That would put this debate to bed.

I think Bill dyno'd a bunch of motors and came to the conclusion the 2in HVH tapered was the best majority of the time similar to what you did w/ the ss4150-604 . Like Jeff said it may be because it was methanol, i bet the majority bill did were gas. But if you compared those two then this thread is dead, nothing else to argue about. I guess you guys can get back to the normally scheduled programming, geritol, metamucil, and broken hips.
    Last edited by powerslide; 08-22-2013 at 08:03 AM.

The new HVH spacer wasn't available at the time that Mr. Hendren said that. Since then Steve H has recommended the 5/8" spacer for the 604. I don't see a 604 making real use of a 2" spacer of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by 50j View Post
    The new HVH spacer wasn't available at the time that Mr. Hendren said that. Since then Steve H has recommended the 5/8" spacer for the 604. I don't see a 604 making real use of a 2" spacer of any kind.
    winner!!

This thread is already dead, the guy wanted to know which spacer of his two to use, not which one to buy later.