Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new car

Default new car

im going to buy a new car this winter and would like to hear what everyone thinks of the diferent chasis. i have a 2011 grt now and not really impressed..
    thanks

Everyone around here cant get in a GRT fast enough... Where are you located? What tire you running? PM me if you want to sell the grt price and specific's

central texas,, and yes it will be for sale at the end of the season.. its the blue 21 on grt web site. were imca. dont get me wrongthe car is fast but as soon asa it starts going dry we cant seem to get enough forward bite without a center off push comes in.. just missing something and joes..... well joe is joe.. lol

Can't go wrong with a Shaw, love my new car. Slicker it gets the better it drives.

thats what im hearing.. anybody try a hoffman?

my car is is center on top row of grt pictures

Alot of guys local to missouri/kansas run decent in them. But very few touring guys run them. Stovall always made noise in them, he could win in a power wheels though. I have an 03 and for what it is i feel it goes decent. My buddy flipped his about a month ago and he came out alright so they are pretty tough. They sure hold up alot better than the TRE's, we were welding those things up everyweek after the 2nd or 3rd year.

i guess i just wish tech suport was better.. thats why im leaning towards a shaw

Couple guys out in Arizona used to run tre's. I don't know how you guys put yourselves in those things, scary! I've seen more tubes on Beach cruisers! They are fast though.

Might try a Bandit I know Hunter Rasdon recently won in his brand new bandit down inTX.

Might give shane w/ PCD a call, he was the "south" portion of the rage but is doing his own thing now. He will beat most of these companies in tech support hands down. Not alot of cars out right now but they are pretty quick.

Rocket by Ruhlman,hard to beat here in Michigan.Also the new Peirce cars are very fast.

Lightning.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Default New Car

Hughes or GRT Bought a 2011 Hughes to replace the shaw we had. Night and day difference.

your shaw had problems? i wont be buying another grt.. already have a 12 model,, not impressed

If your racing IMCA and not outlaw I would look at a Jet or DMR by BMS!!!!! I Belive most of the other car are Great cars for OPEN Rules but can and due struggle in IMCA due to the tires i think. Most of the builders have not raced IMCA a LOT or at All so are not much help!!!! Also BillBuilt in Wichita,KS is also a Great IMCA car and closer than the Two others to you.

Go to IMCA facebook page and look at the picture of the halo on a Jet Racing stock car after a roll. I think I would go with the DMR by BMS.

Nothing strikes faster than lightning!! Look how many wins in the last 2 years, also Don Adams is the best tech guy ever.
    He builds top quality and very few, so there consistant. Per chassis that is built he is hard to beat in the win catagory.
    606-878-7223

Sportmod rookie........I don't think any chassis will stand up against a sawzall or jaws of life. That halo was cut off.

The only mod I will ever buy "assuming something drastic changes" will be a shaw, I know others swear by grt and Hughes around here but my money is going to shaw.