Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new car

Quote Originally Posted by Leeracing40 View Post
    Sportmod rookie........I don't think any chassis will stand up against a sawzall or jaws of life. That halo was cut off.
    Not sure what picture you were looking at but the one on IMCA facebook page is a intact halo. Hasnt been cut or anything. It is a picture of the driver area of a stock car after a roll over.

If you race IMCA get a Shaw by Taylor, we ran one in Indiana under UMP and it was a good car but driver wanted a Rocket! But a clamped up Pierce is always good in the slick.

I have the 3rd "ELITE" Chassis ever built and I cant imagine running anything else. Support is second to none, and every chassis ever built has Feature wins!

Dave
    2012 UMP Stock Car National Champions.
    2013 UMP Modified Rookie of the Year
    2014 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Fairbury American Legion Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 UMP Modified, Northen IL Regional Champion
    2018 UMP Modified, #2 National Points Standings
    Like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/McKinneyMotorsports

Look up lightning. I can't make a web page post? Lightningchassi . com

I think the picture they are talking about is an orange halo? It failed, the tube is buckled, it was a catastrophic failure, one guy posted on there it did its job, by pure luck, it failed anyway you look at it.

Btw I seen it shared on another guys Facebook so don't know for sure what chassis it is, just remember an orange cage.

Get whatever is winning in your area. A lot of guys up here in IA are in a bunch of different cars and they all win, but what wins up here may not be what is winning down there. 3 types of cars that I have seen win all across the country in IMCA are: Harris, BMS, and Taylor Chassis. Harris and BMS are more of the mass produced cars in IMCA, but a lot of guys stick with them and win. I dont know how good BMS cars are down there in TX, but I know some of the Harris cars have dominated down there. G-Diddy comes to mind back a few years ago and Jammin Jimmy when he comes down there in the winter. Taylor Chassis is a smaller company based out of Arkansas with great tech support. Jeff won SN last year as well as some other big races and he has a guy from Canada out there winning quite a few races in North Dakota and Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportmod Rookie View Post
    Not sure what picture you were looking at but the one on IMCA facebook page is a intact halo. Hasnt been cut or anything. It is a picture of the driver area of a stock car after a roll over.
    My bad.......didn't see that pic......

I would be interested in seeing a list of new modified cars that show the weight without the driver and before any bolt on weight is added....
    " Most of my drivers have been new to 4 link stuff and I believe most of their chassis issues are really my driver issues....... "

see ya
    johnny v

Quote Originally Posted by johnny v View Post
    I would be interested in seeing a list of new modified cars that show the weight without the driver and before any bolt on weight is added....
    That would be interesting. Would like to also know which cars are being made with HREW tubing and which are made with DOM tubing.

Default new car

thanks for all the imput guys.. i orderd a new shaw..

I have never had a shaw but multiple friends that have and all claim that the Shaw's could not be a nicer group or more willing to help. I think you will be happy with your choice.

Good choice. Who did you order it from?

ordered from larry at shaw

The design of your car exposing your status. The aerodynamic and innovative design of the car helps it stand out among other concept cars. I am always been freak about the Nissani's models.

I'm not going to say buy this car or that car, but if you do not give Lightning at least a call, you would be making a mistake.

Sorry didn't see you had already bought one

shaw, swartz or lightning
    powerslave

I have to say I like my Shaw by Taylor. Really good on the slick. We have a GRT and I just like the Shaw by Taylor better all around... Super nice guys at shaw and Jeff Taylor will help you anyway he can.