Default Bryan Barber Best in Summit Racing Equipment AMS Thunder in the Mountains at 201

American Modified Series
    P.O. Box 1741
    Glasgow, KY 42142
    www.americanmodifiedseries.com

Bryan Barber Best in Summit Racing Equipment American Modified Series Thunder in the Mountains at 201 Speedway

Sitka, KY- August 24, 2013- The Summit Racing Equipment American Modified Series returned to action after a month layoff with its first-ever appearance at 201 Speedway in Sitka, KY and series points leader Bryan Barber would pick up his third series victory of the season as he took the checkered flags first in the Thunder in the Mountains event and picked up the $1,500 payday aboard his Maximum Energy Development/B&B Motorsports/All Star Performance/Frankland Racing Equipment sponsored #10 Bandit Race Car powered by a Jay (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens Race Engine.

Front row starters Jimmy Payne and Bryan Barber would bring the field to the green flag, with Barber taking the early race lead, with Payne giving chase and this pair would quickly pull away from the field each time after a caution flag, of which there were six during the first 18 laps of the event. Payne would change his running line on the restart and would motor past Barber for the lead off of turn four as the field saw the halfway signal on lap 20. But the next caution of the race would be for the leader as Payne’s mount lost a driveshaft entering turn three and ended his evening. The lap 23 restart would see Barber resume the top spot and survive five more caution flags and some pressure from Dan Ebert on each restart, but Barber’s mount would prove too much over the final 10 circuits, which were caution free. Ebert would take second, while ninth starting Jim Barnett would take third. Don Adams and 13th starting Craig Christian would complete the top five.

The remainder of the top ten finishers at the Thunder in the Mountains event would be hard charger and 17th starting Keith Smith, Kevin Hall, Jason Hall, Jody Puckett, and Scott Lemaster. The 40 lap, $1,500 to win event would be slowed by twelve caution periods and take 40 minutes to complete.

In preliminary action, Jimmy Payne would be the Quick Car Racing Product top qualifier among 26 entries at 14.840 seconds. Summit Racing Equipment heat one went to Jimmy Payne, while Dan Ebert scored the win in Williams Precision Engine heat two. Hypercoils heat three went to Bryan Barber, with Jody Puckett winning Frankland Racing Equipment heat four. The Wehrs Machine B-Main was captured by Keith Smith, while series provisional starting spots went to Brandon Johnson and Josh Stumbo.

The next events for the open-wheel warriors of the Summit Racing Equipment American Modified Series will be the Land of Lincoln Triple Shot. Those three events will take place on Friday August 30 at Farmer City Raceway in Farmer City, IL ($3,000 to win/$225 to start), Saturday August 30 at Fairbury’s American Legion Speedway in Fairbury, IL for the Casey’s Modified Nationals ($5,000 to win/$250 to start), and Sunday September 1 at Spoon River Speedway in Canton, IL the Mod Fall Nationals ($5,000 to win/$250 to start).

The Summit Racing Equipment American Modified Series will present UMP Modified sanctioned dirt track sports entertainment at racing venues throughout Kentucky, Illinois, Ohio, and Tennessee. For more information concerning the Summit Racing Equipment American Modified Series, contact series race director Shane Mugavin at (270) 576-6474 or by email at shane@mugavin.com or visit the series webpage at www.americanmodifiedseries.com, along with Facebook and Twitter at American Modified Series.

Summit Racing Equipment American Modified Series Race Summary-2013 Event #6: 201 Speedway-Sitka, Kentucky-August 24, 2013

Quick Car Racing Products Overall Top Qualifier- Jimmy Payne 14.840
    Summit Racing Equipment Heat #1 (top 4 transfer)- Jimmy Payne, Don Adams, Jim Barnett, Craig Christian, Keith Smith, Aaron Branham, Josh Stumbo
    Williams Precision Engines Heat #2 (top 4 transfer)- Dan Ebert, Ervin Vance, Kevin Hall, Jeremy Hayes, Scott Lemaster (DNS-Mark Queen)
    Hypercoils Heat #3 (top 4 transfer)- Bryan Barber, Rocky Wilson, Jason Hall, Allen Turner, Al Kiernan (DNS-Tommy Bailey, Geremy Crisp)
    Frankland Racing Equipment Heat #4 (top 4 transfer)- Jody Puckett, Josh Ferguson, Justin Jacobs, Ricky Tinch, Brandon Johnson, Christian Baker
    Wehrs Machine B-Main (top 4 transfer)- Keith Smith, Scott Lemaster, Al Kiernan, Christian Baker, Aaron Branham, Josh Stumbo, Brandon Johnson (DNS- Mark Queen, Tommy Bailey, Geremy Crisp)
    Thunder in the Mountains A-Main- Bryan Barber, Dan Ebert, Jim Barnett, Don Adams, Craig Christian, Keith Smith, Kevin Hall, Jason Hall, Jody Puckett, Scott Lemaster, Josh Ferguson, Rocky Wilson, Josh Stumbo, Jimmy Payne, Brandon Johnson, Ricky Tinch, Jeremy Hayes, Justin Jacobs, Ervin Vance, Christian Baker, Al Kiernan (DQ- Allen Turner)

Race Statistics
    Entries- 26
    Race Leaders- 2 (Bryan Barber 1-19, 23-40; Jimmy Payne 20-22)
    Caution Periods- 12 (Lap 2, 6, 14, 18, 18 restart, 19, 23, 24, 26, 26 restart, 28, 30)
    Red Flag Periods- None
    American Modified Series Provisional Starters- Brandon Johnson, Josh Stumbo
    Track Provisional Starters-
    Time of Race- 40 minutes
    Quick Car Racing Products Fast Time Award ($100 cash award)- Jimmy Payne 14.840
    All Star Performance Hard Charger Award ($100 gift certificate)- Keith Smith (started 17th-finished 6th: advanced 11 positions)

2013 Summit Racing Equipment American Modified Series Current Top Ten Point Standings (as of August 24, 2013)
    1. Bryan Barber (Greensburg, KY)- 1,280
    2. Trent Young (Hopkinsville, KY)- 985
    3. Ricky Tinch (Deerlodge, TN)- 975
    4. Josh Ferguson (Covington, IN)- 955
    5. Rocky Wilson (Elizabethtown, KY)- 925
    6. Don Adams (London, KY)- 885
    7. Keith Smith (Clay City, KY)- 835
    8. Jimmy Payne (Glasgow, KY)- 650
    Matt Hamilton (Aurora, IN)- 650
    10. Will Krup (Mount Carmel, IN)- 625

Summit Racing Equipment American Modified Series 2013 Tour Schedule
    *April 13- Smoky Mountain Speedway (Maryville, TN)- $3,000 to win/$225 to start (Bryan Barber)
    *May 18- Cedar Ridge Speedway (Morgantown, KY)- $1,500 to win/$200 to start (Will Krup)
    *June 21- Moler Raceway Park (Williamsburg, OH)- $1,500 to win/$200 to start (Bryan Barber)
    *June 22- Florence Speedway (Union, KY)- $1,500 to win/$200 to start (Devin Gilpin)
    *July 13- Cedar Ridge Speedway (Morgantown, KY)- $3,000 to win/$225 to start (Jimmy Payne)
    *August 24- 201 Speedway (Sitka, KY)- $1,500 to win/$200 to start (Bryan Barber)
    *August 30- Farmer City Raceway (Farmer City, IL)- $3,000 to win/$225 to start
    *August 31- Fairbury’s American Legion Speedway (Fairbury, IL)- $5,000 to win/$250 to start
    *September 1- Spoon River Speedway (Canton, IL)- $5,000 to win/$250 to start
    *October 26- Florence Speedway (Union, KY)- $5,000 to win/$250 to start

Summit Racing Equipment American Modified Series 2013 Official Sponsors
    *Summit Racing Equipment (www.summitracing.com)- “Title Sponsor for the American Modified Series and Sponsor of Heat Race #1”
    *All Star Performance (www.allstarperformance.com)- “Official Hard Charger of the Race” Award Sponsor
    *Arizona Sport Shirts- “Official Merchandise Vendor” of the Summit Racing Equipment American Modified Series (www.arizonasportshirts.com)
    *Crane Cams Ignition Systems- “Official Ignition System” of the Summit Racing Equipment American Modified Series (www.cranecams.com)
    *Quick Car Racing Products (www.quickcar.net)- “$100 Fast Qualifier Award” at all Summit Racing Equipment American Modified Series events
    *VP Racing Fuels (www.vpracingfuels.com)- “Official Race Fuel” of the Summit Racing Equipment American Modified Series

Summit Racing Equipment American Modified Series 2013 Marketing Partners
    *AFCO Racing Shocks (www.afcoracing.com)
    *Bad Fast Race Chassis (www.734dirt.com)
    *Bandit Race Cars (www.banditracecars.net)
    *Bilstein (www.bilsteinus.com)- Presented by B&B Motorsports
    *Bob Pierce Race Cars (www.bobpierceracecars.com)
    *Dale Meers Race Engines
    *Dyers Top Rods (www.dyersrods.com)
    *Frankland Racing Equipment (www.franklandracing.com)- “Sponsor of Heat Race #4”
    *Hypercoils (www.hypercoils.com)- “Sponsor of Heat Race #3”
    *Impressive Race Cars (www.impressiveracecars.com)
    *Integra Shocks (www.integrashocksprings.com)
    *Jay (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens Race Engines (www.jay(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens.com)
    *Maximum Energy Development
    *Mullins Race Engines (www.mullinsraceengines.com)
    *PRO Shocks (www.proshocks.com)
    *RACEceiver (www.raceceiver.com)
    *SpeeDecals Racing Graphics (www.freewebs.com/speedecals/)
    *UMP Dirt Car (www.umpracing.com)
    *Wehrs Machine (www.wehrsmachine.com)- “Sponsor of B-Mains”
    *Wick Oil Company (www.wickoil.com)
    *Williams Precision Engines (www.wpespeedshop.com)- “Sponsor of Heat Race #2”
    Last edited by race-results; 08-25-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Interesting that barber gets caught cheating on tires yet is still points leader and no punishment at all. Man those bandit prepped tires are fast.

The original points posting was incorrect, but is now correct.

I do know what I'm talking about. Once a cheater always a cheater. How many of those races was won on doped tires? He got caught one time out of how many illegal nights. I think being banned would of been better but I guess if you are part owner of the series things aren't as severe. I'm all to familiar with working on my car and a few others that you ignorant sob's wreck weekly. Maybe Harlow and Payne should work on their fighting but congrats you have your ability to take an a@@ beating to a science. There's some good guys in bandits but also some proven cheaters. No one mentioned a petro wana be so shut up.

Sucker punch??? I looked you in the face and when you went to shove me I decked your a@@ ill give a jack handle and you'll still be on the ground against your car like you was. You don't have nuts to grab and your head lock as you say was you flinging around trying to keep from going down to the ground. Any time you people show up you hit half the track and I have no problem driving I was going right around your car until your porch monkey walled me. If I'm as ignorant as you claim lord help your group. Your taller, and fatter than me yet such a big boy needs a jack handle. Jimmy jumped me from behind after I went face to face with you and he ended up like you on his butt. Heck I seen a woman at Clinton give you a run for your money so I guess I shouldn't brag to much about laying you out. First thing every track worker said was you all walled me and that for such a big guy your a whimp. Say what you want everyone knows who ans what you are and that's trash. See you soon glass jaw.

What about the night you stuffed us into the wall at the Pond? I don't guess that was any of your doing what so ever. You knew you weren't going to win so you held it wide open and pushed us up the track in 1 and then ran us into the back stretch wall. You then finished in the middle or the rear of the field. If I recall correctly we never touched you that night at Lake Cumberland. Jimmy was entering on the bottom and you floored it wide open on the top and you had to lift to keep from nailing the wall and there was no contact and we didn't crowd you at all. Then you drove over your head like an idiot wide open all the way down the back stretch and into 3 and stuffed it into the wall on your own when Jimmy was on the very bottom and left you all the room you wanted on the top. Everyone knows and agrees that Jimmy is one of the cleanest drivers around and will never intentionally put someone into the wall unless they had wrecked him many times before. Apparently nothing is your fault and you are the greatest and smartest driver of them all. I guess that's why YOU junked your racecar and injured yourself ON YOUR OWN WITH NO HELP!

Glad to see a blind person enjoy racing, what a moron. If I had a dollar for every hand shake I got and that a boy for putting your hero on his butt I could buy you some better glasses. No one has ever said Payne is a clean racer and Harlow was just as bad. Guess that's why you drive across people's noses or run people to one side of the track or other or I liked the jumping two cars wheels at richmond. You recall wrong I finished 5th after being hooked into the wall twice by you morons. Obviously your group is one brain cell away from a baboon. Honestly no one cares what you people say they just get tired of being ran over. Even some of the people you think are your friends shook my hand and told me they was glad someone finally put you down. I don't remember seeing any monkeys running around the night I flipped so you wasnt there. I did not wreck on my own moron.

You just cant handle the truth! What about last night? Jimmy never touched a single car. Set fast time and won the heat by 3-6 car lengths over Donnie Adams. Then in the feature he ran right behind Bryan until a restart where he CLEANLY passed him on the outside and then lead until he broke. They both pulled away from the field. At Richmond he got squeeze between two cars. He didn't try to wreck them nor did he have any intent to. The one car held his RF all the way down the left side of our car and could have easily gotten off of him. Wait... Your saying we put you into the wall after you put us into the wall at the Pond? He never touched anyone else the rest of the night. Even though I wasn't there to witness your wreck first hand we seen video of it. You were running dead last and you ran up to a car wide open and tried to squeeze between him and the wall. It was clearly every bit of your fault. Im sure if they shook your hand they weren't any of our friends in the first place. You truly are an idiot. Have fun staring at your junked race car and sitting around watching the races trying to figure out how to be faster then us. Remember, what goes around comes around!

Everyone there seen you have to be picked up off the ground while your boy cried kill him. The only thing queer is you wishing you could suck off petro. Wow I'm proud you finally went a night without hitting someone. Truth is people like you don't have friends just cronies. Hey they have a women's tough contest maybe you can redeem yourself there ill bring a jack handle for you since yours will probably be up your a@@ maybe I hit you to hard that you can't remember but no worries everyone was cracking up at your dazed stumbling a@@ after I showed you what a little punk you are. Like I said ill see you soon.

And who sounds queer trying to bend a guy over. No one believes that after I knocked you senseless you just wanted to hug me. Facts are facts your dirty driving morons and cronies and your a@@ was picked up off the ground against your car and the only thing that saved you was a badge put in front of my face and then you had to threaten to press charges. Any time you think you can do better try to fight another old woman and if you win this time ill give you the jack handle you want then break it off in your a@@

I've been reading this board for years and never felt the need to post....until now. Jimmy is absolutely one of the cleanest drivers anywhere. I've never seen him run over anyone, he'll drive others just like they drive him. Sure, he'll race hard, but hell, that's just racing. Anyone that says Jimmy is a dirty driver is either a dumb a$$ or just not paying attention.

this is my first time ever posting anything under the mod section was just reading the results then was reading the rest the fact is jimmy payne and bryan barber are at a whole differant level than micah reams the 10 car and K1ng car are good enough to run nationally you talk about doping tires this happens in every class and from the best in the country bloomquist,owens,madden which are drivers way better than barber or payne you say its cheating but its clearly legal until you get caught like any sport and if they wasnt cheating mr reams you still cant beat them theres 3 types of cars in each class the great ones the average ones and the ones that show up everynight the gates open you my friend are average as of now race clean make friends learn more then you will be as good as the compition

Ill be happy if all I am is average or less knowing my hard work got me there and that I don't use other peoples cars up and the only thing on my tires is sweat. Just because one person cheats it should not become accepted that its ok to duplicate. Innovation I endorse but blatant cheating I'd just assume never win as be a cheater. With that I'm done because when the general attitude is rules don't apply, and wrecking others is what makes you able to run "nationally" then there's no hope. But keep in mind there's a lot more of us average or less guys than your greats and without us they have no one to cheat against and they will be a little slower not having the extra cars to bank off of. The true greats don't condone cheating either, ans your win total isn't what defines greatness character is the first column in determining.

Default Bryan Barber runs something like this engine.

This in a Steel block would most likely win.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kentucky Moron, you are an idiot!! Payne is a little rough, he's a hard driver, but he will push and shove his way around!! For you to say that , either means one of two things, you either need glasses or you haven't been to many races. Also, I would be happy knowing I am an average driver that races people cleanly rather that cheat or wreck my way to the front. Also, I was lucky enough to be at lcs when 2 dirty diapers got the ship beat out of them for rough driving. Go ahead bash me, I was once a big fan of you guys, but Im sorry guys, Payne is way to rough. Also I think Barber owns part of that series, so they will never put him out. Bash away!!

I've never seen jimmy be ruff and plus it dosent really matter till the rest of us get fast enough to catch them anyway. Anybody that can win 10 out of 15 are 16 races like they have has to have there (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) together. It isn't like they are running against a bunch of nobody's either. That's jmo
    17j Jordon motorsports lightning chassis
    Driven by Tommy Bailey
    Owned by Matthew and Kenneth Jordon

Make u mouth sore!! I kinda felt sorry for your son watching pop get his tail worn out cause he cant keep his driver in check!!