Thread: Rf spacer

Default Rf spacer

Besides making the rf a little softer by putting a 2" wheel spacer on it. What other effects would it have on the car?

Will make car tighter

will it make it tighter getting in or coming off?

Quote Originally Posted by lmracer36 View Post
    will it make it tighter getting in or coming off?
    If you correct for the wedge loss,

yes and yes
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

so, for example, put the spacer on the rf and 2 turns in the lr and it should tighten the car up all the way around the corner? Correct?

although this will tighten the car up, this is not an adjustment i would recommend unless your just way out in left field and cant get nothing else to work. i would rather work on the actual setup of the car an try to get it right first, i dont like wheel spacers and would only use them as a last resort especially on the front end. I have always felt on the RF they make the car more pushy feeling which is why they make the car tighter, they dont let the RF tire stick near as good because your sticking it out farther taking sidebite out of that corner. so in order for the car to corner your going to have to go slower for the front end to stick the same amount. if i was going to try an tighten my car up i would do it with the bars or shocks an spring adjustments. if the car is loose which is obviously why your wanting to tighten it up why take bite out of a tire to make it equal to your other tires. if your loose from just past entry to exit its because your lacking LR drive or sidebite. i would recommend you figure out with one it is and either add bite to your LR tire or add sidebite on your RR tire. an if its just from entry all the way around the corner, get the car good on entry then see how the rest of the corner is after that. if the cars still loose after entry then go back an figure out why.
    Last edited by 4bangerhotrod; 08-27-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaw33 View Post
    so, for example, put the spacer on the rf and 2 turns in the lr and it should tighten the car up all the way around the corner? Correct?
    Adding a 2" spacer will also increase the scrub radius of the RF, increase the jacking force of the tire when you are counter steering, take away jacking force turning to the left, and move the roll center right and up alittle. The fact that the tire is sticking out 2" further will tighten it up like everyone is saying, but there are some side effects to consider when just slapping a wheel spacer on there.

Every car is built as a compromise to allow them to work on a wide range of track conditions. Your assuming that the offsets and roll centers are ideal for what ever condition you are on and I highly doubt that is the case ...