Default Thunder Stock / V8 Warrior tire stagger

I am putting together a Thunderstock and have never raced on radial tires before. The rules say that; "Tires must be DOT radial 70 series. All tires must be same size except right front. No recaps."I am wondering how much stagger I can possibly get when using the same size radial tires?Are there any "tricks" for getting stagger with the radials?

if its open carrier you wont need any stagger.

x2 on above post.

If it isn't an open carrier(welded, spooled) then mess with the left side air pressures. Drop them a few psi, and see if it shrinks the tire, should give you stagger. Work from that, just be careful taking air out of the DOT tires, they can be very unsafe and roll off bead if you do not have enough air in them, even though it shouldn't be as big a problem on the left side, you still do not want to get carried away.
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

Do you think that running an open carrier would be a good idea in this class? I was planning on welding the rear end up, but I have not done it yet.

Only if the track you are planning on running has very tight corners, the open rear will help the car turn. But for the most part a locked rearend will be prefered. Stagger is pretty easily achieved by buying different brands of tires and also buying used tires with different stages of wear. You can get almost 2 inches of stagger from a new tire to a slick tire in the same brand and size of most radials. The bigger the tire, the bigger the stagger difference of new to wore out.