Default The Annual College football thread.

The college football season kicked off over the week end.

What a first week end it was. The perennially overrated Georgia Bulldogs go down to an ACC team, while my Bearcats thump a team from the B1G. I guess that means we won't be seeing my ole buddies B_K or Dirtfan5727 in this thread for awhile.

I wonder which one of them made this appearance on a Georgia sports talk show after the big loss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-uUax_oEhE&sns=em
    Mike
    I hate the Steelers more than I hate the Buckeyes !

Facebook

Well d@mn Mike, what a difference a week makes. Where are you on starting a thread on week 2? Oh, thats right, you don't say anything after an absolute @ss beating by a BIG 10 school. Now 28 points is what I wouldn't call a thumping, I would call it, your team got b!tch slapped and put in their place by a team who might make a bowl game this year.

Meanwhile, the Dogs were enjoying a win against a top 10 team, and while you would't know what its like for your team to play 2 top 10 teams in one year, much less back to back, I am pleased where the Dogs sit next to your POS team.

Now, you may go back into your cave and enjoy a below .500 season this year.

Yep, those mighty Bearcats got their a$ses whipped by the team that is a consensus pick to finish last in the B1G.

Now, they go on to play perennial powerhouse the Northwestern State Demons.

UGA lost to a really good team. Don't count them out. My UK Wildcats will suck, but Stoops is recruiting like no other UK coach ever has. It'll take 3-4 years, but it's coming. We won't ever be Alabama, but we'll get back to going to a bowl game most years.

Terry, in your post we could substitute Illinois for Kentucky, Beckman for Stoopes (although Beckman isn't setting the college football world on it's ear with his recruiting) and Alabama for Michigan and it'd fit perfect.

If Illinois ever gets a football coach that goes to a bowl game 3 years out of every 5 and wins half of them we would build a statue of that coach next to our Beloved Alma Mater. Ok, maybe not right next to Her.

Where, oh where is Mike? Probably throwing his Kitten gear out for some Dawg attire.

How's that humble pie Mike?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtfan2757 View Post
    Where, oh where is Mike? Probably throwing his Kitten gear out for some Dawg attire.

How's that humble pie Mike?
    It was one loss on the road. Refs made a couple bad call (admitted by the B1G head of officials) that swung the momentum and was a 14 point swing in Illinois favor. The bearcat QB also had a season ending injury. It's not like they haven't been through injuries to the QB position before though. They will be ok and will finish above .500 ...

Lesson learned don't play B1G schools on the road with a B1G officiating crew.

I see your Dawgs are making their usual early season climb in the polls only to find out they have been overrated once again. Can't wait until your fellow fans start calling for Richt head like they do every year. I hear Lane Kiffin is available if Richt finally gets the ax
    Mike

Facebook

Wonder what excuse I get to hear this week after those POS kittens lost to an 0-4 hopeless team?

Every night, I'm sure you kneel and pray, "please bring Brian Kelly back."

Quote Originally Posted by dirtfan2757 View Post
    Wonder what excuse I get to hear this week after those POS kittens lost to an 0-4 hopeless team?

Every night, I'm sure you kneel and pray, "please bring Brian Kelly back."
    No excuses, they played horrible. Bad game it happens from time to time. Apparently Georgia has had many of them under Richt as often as I hear their whinny @!! Fans calling for him to be fired.

As for Brian Kelley. Notre Dame can have him. I was watching UC football long before BK and will be watching it long after...
    Mike

Facebook

Down goes Georgia, Down goes Georgia (again).

I'm getting a little worried. Have any of you heard from dirtfan2757 or B_K lately?
    Mike

Facebook

Hows those kittens? You got what you wanted and got killed against Ohio State. Then crushed against Miami. You see what happens when you play actually good college teams? Then again, losing to that powerhouse Memphis by 27 tells you all you need to know about your team. The kittens are a joke